Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hammocks and jammed posts

Hi,
I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts (
about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle of
roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain
jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out -
I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts from
the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into their
metal bases.

Many Thanks .

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chris" wrote in message
Hi,
I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts (
about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle
of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain
jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out -
I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts
from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into
their metal bases.

Many Thanks .

Chris

let it dry and shrink

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support
posts ( about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets
at an angle of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the
base.
Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts
remain jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them
out - I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the
wooden posts from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence
posts fit into their metal bases.

Drying them is probably the answer if you want to preserve the posts.

Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , 6 writes

"chris" wrote in message
Hi,
I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts (
about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle
of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain
jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out -
I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts
from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into
their metal bases.

Angle grinder

Bloody UKRM'ers get everywhere

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:
Hi,
I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts (
about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle of
roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain
jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out -
I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts from
the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into their
metal bases.

Many Thanks .

Chris

Knock two (Old) largeish flat blade screwdrivers into the posts at 45
deg downwards into the posts where they meet the metal (at 180 deg to
each other) then lever both down and the post will come up :-)