Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default hammocks and jammed posts

In message , 6 writes

"chris" wrote in message
Hi,
I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts (
about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle
of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain
jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out -
I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts
from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into
their metal bases.

Angle grinder

Bloody UKRM'ers get everywhere

--