Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default hammocks and jammed posts

I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support
posts ( about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets
at an angle of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the
base.
Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts
remain jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them
out - I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the
wooden posts from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence
posts fit into their metal bases.

Drying them is probably the answer if you want to preserve the posts.

Peter Crosland