Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Must be a god, he walks on water

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

brothers eh ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from raden contains these words:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

This ain't fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf7r6_l7AVk&eurl=
but he has solved the problems of stability with walking robots - but
putting a human on top to do the balancing.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EygeAcKHw)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David

Yes I remember that!! I miss that program :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Staffbull" wrote in message
oups.com...

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David

Yes I remember that!! I miss that program :-)

Me too, sadly it was deemed too intellectually challenging for this century
so they had to cancel it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:48:27 +0100, "HLAH"
wrote:

"Staffbull" wrote in message
roups.com...

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David

Yes I remember that!! I miss that program :-)

Me too, sadly it was deemed too intellectually challenging for this century
so they had to cancel it.

More likely the viewers just got bored with the phrase "but within a
few years".

Like those 1930 cinema goers are still awaiting "Mr 1990, going to
"the city" in his gyrocopter". Or was it ornithopter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"EricP" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:48:27 +0100, "HLAH"
wrote:

"Staffbull" wrote in message
groups.com...

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

[...]

I think you might have a point, where the f**k is my flying car! :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
writes
raden wrote:
And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

Now that you mention it, yes

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
Staffbull writes

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David

Yes I remember that!! I miss that program :-)

ISTR it ended up being "and look at the latest thing you can do with a
microprocessor"

Wonder what happened to James Burke

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , raden
writes
In message .com,
Staffbull writes

Lobster wrote:
raden wrote:

And now officially the fastest and £5000 better off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603nhPLHisg

Anyone remember one of those Tomorrow's World
"this-is-the-future-of-single-person-transport-yeah-right" features
probably in the 70s, where they had a large transparent inflatable
pyramid, which worked in much the same way as the above clip - they
showed a bowler-clad city gent commuting to work down the Thames zipped
up inside his?

David

Yes I remember that!! I miss that program :-)

ISTR it ended up being "and look at the latest thing you can do with a
microprocessor"

Wonder what happened to James Burke

Bloody hell - a clip from Tomorrows World on BBC2 right now

Michael Rodd explaining how the sun works

--
geoff