Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coating With Different Manfrs Emulsion .

I have been emulsioning my bathroom walls which were Gyproc'd .One was was a
problem .The surface has a lot of areas which are sort of pinholed and
additional coats have not solved this .. I can't be sure but I might have used a
different roller for this wall on the first coat but in any case i have had to
sand it smooth in prep for coating it again .I used Wickes Trade Matt White
Emulsion but have run out so was wondering if using a different make would be
OK or if it would cause problems ?.

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart wrote:
I have been emulsioning my bathroom walls which were Gyproc'd .One was was a
problem .The surface has a lot of areas which are sort of pinholed and
additional coats have not solved this .. I can't be sure but I might have used a
different roller for this wall on the first coat but in any case i have had to
sand it smooth in prep for coating it again .I used Wickes Trade Matt White
Emulsion but have run out so was wondering if using a different make would be
OK or if it would cause problems ?.

Depends what you mean by problems?

Shouldn't be any problem if you just mean can you paint one emulsion
over another; but if you mean can you carry on painting the top coat on
adjacent or the same walls and not notice any change in tint/colour,
then I would be very wary. Might well be OK - white is as likely as
you'll get! But best buy the same paint again, or overpaint the final
coat with whatever brand you buy next.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:04:18 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Stuart wrote:
[...]

I was meaning if there would be any interaction between paint from 2 different
manufacturers . It will be a complete wall and there is no adjacent wall so
hopefully there won't be a problem with any difference in "whiteness"

thx

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Stuart wrote:

[...]

If the original coat is proper emulsion there wont be a problem, but if
its that cheapskate 'trade' paint they sell then ick, it wont last long
anyway.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Stuart wrote:

[...]

What do you mean " It won't last long anyway" Are you one of those eternal
pessimists .Do you expect the paint to slide off the walls or what .??

Some Tips for Coating a Garage/Basement Floor with Epoxy tacker Home Repair 2 May 4th 06 11:05 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
What Is Elastromeric Coating Tom Home Repair 5 January 4th 06 07:46 AM
Patchy emulsion.. ben UK diy 3 August 8th 05 11:33 AM
Flaky emulsion layer on plaster [email protected] UK diy 7 January 25th 05 02:22 PM