Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Packing out tiling?

Just a quick one to collect any good ideas.

Got a bath tiled all round to half height. But now I want to stick a
shower head on the wall so want/ (need?) to tile right up to the
ceiling within the shower area of it.

Now, the lower tiling was done over the older tiles so sits quite proud
of the wall so any new tiling above needs to be at the same level.

So, my question is, what's the best way to pack the wall out to the
same level before tiling?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now, the lower tiling was done over the older tiles so sits quite proud
of the wall so any new tiling above needs to be at the same level.

So, my question is, what's the best way to pack the wall out to the
same level before tiling?

Remove the existing tiles, both layers. Attempting to extend the current
field will look manky. The tiles won't match, either.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
Now, the lower tiling was done over the older tiles so sits quite proud
of the wall so any new tiling above needs to be at the same level.

So, my question is, what's the best way to pack the wall out to the
same level before tiling?

Remove the existing tiles, both layers. Attempting to extend the current
field will look manky. The tiles won't match, either.

Christian.

Ta, for all the advice

I'd like to redo the whole thing but don't have the time.

Tiling question Peter Watson UK diy 2 September 28th 06 08:58 AM
Bathroom tiling - behind or around?! shaun UK diy 12 November 21st 05 09:16 PM
Valve packing question Liz Home Repair 2 February 22nd 05 12:52 AM
Quick tiling questions Bill Gardener UK diy 9 March 3rd 04 11:05 PM
Tiling a shower, how to transition from backer board (durock) to drywall Rich Home Repair 3 August 28th 03 12:29 AM