Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Need a bit of lead

Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without buying
a huge roll?

--
Mike W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without
buying a huge roll?

Local church ? ;-)

sorry

--

http://tinyurl.com/hhlr

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chris 159" wrote in message
visionset wrote:
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without
buying a huge roll?

Try a Scrap yard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"visionset" wrote in message
news
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without

buying
a huge roll?

--
Mike W

If you are in striking distance of Bromley I'll let you have some

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:45:31 UTC, "keith_765"
wrote:

"chris 159" wrote in message
visionset wrote:
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without
buying a huge roll?

Try a Scrap yard

Or find where the latest 'travellers' encampment is!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without buying
a huge roll?

--
Mike W

Most local roofing firms will have offcuts, if you know any or just
give one a call, it'll be cheaper than buying a roll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

visionset wrote:
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without
buying a huge roll?

Go to a scrap dealer...not a car breaker type but one where metals are
bought, they have masses of offcuts alkong with pipes etc....I took some
yesterday, 60kg of copper = £75 and 30kg of lead = £15

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...

I took some
yesterday, 60kg of copper = £75 and 30kg of lead = £15

£1.25 per kg - you were done!
I got £2.39 the day before.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"visionset" wrote in message
news
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without buying
a huge roll?

If you are in Nth Kent (Medway) , I'll let you have a bit.

There is an Email address on my website.

--
73
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

VisionSet wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...

I took some
yesterday, 60kg of copper = £75 and 30kg of lead = £15

£1.25 per kg - you were done!
I got £2.39 the day before.

Yours was clean, ours had washer outlets, stop taps, brass fittings and
clips all over it....if we'd had time to clean it up we'd have got more but
we just wanted it out of the way TBH...the price was for 'brazey'...still it
was £90 in the backsack :-p

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , visionset
writes
Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without buying
a huge roll?

When I needed some weights to exercise last year, I bought the length (@
3" wide) I wanted and they weighed it and charged me / kilo

This was from my local building supplies round the corner

--
geoff

harvesting rainwater from a lead roof [email protected] UK diy 27 May 25th 06 03:59 PM
Lead fittings Davao UK diy 16 April 28th 06 12:46 AM
Lead part - cast or turn? tillius Metalworking 53 November 10th 05 09:22 AM
Lead-Loc and Gas pipes tom w UK diy 29 June 16th 04 11:10 PM
Lead to copper fitting Andrew Mawson UK diy 0 May 10th 04 05:26 PM