Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tuning in an older Sony TV

Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where one
side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc) whereas the other
side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV as the
set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter. Alternatively, how to
reset it to factory settings so it will autotune.

Many thanks

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where one
side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc) whereas the other
side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV as the
set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter. Alternatively, how to
reset it to factory settings so it will autotune.

I don't know the particular set, but 99% of remotes would use the "MENU"
button to access tuning. However, if its so old, 1995, that it hasn't
got on screen display, tuning may be on the set itself or even be
manual. Look for little trap doors on the set.

john2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know the particular set, but 99% of remotes would use the "MENU"
button to access tuning. However, if its so old, 1995, that it hasn't
got on screen display, tuning may be on the set itself or even be manual.
Look for little trap doors on the set.

John

I have already searched for the trapdoors but can't find one with channel
search buttons.

Update: I have just found what look like the channel setup buttons on the
remote - hidden under the under it's reversible sliding cover!!!

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where
one side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc)
whereas the other side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV
as the set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter.
Alternatively, how to reset it to factory settings so it will
autotune.

Many thanks

Kevin

By eck! that is old, IMSR noah had one. ;-)

Could you not take a close up pic of remote and post the URL? other than
that do a google search of...
tv&video repairs or faults,these generally have a forum for video repairmen
asking about finding nagging faults.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where one
side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc) whereas the other
side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV as the
set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter. Alternatively, how to
reset it to factory settings so it will autotune.

Many thanks

Kevin

Don't know if its that model; but my parent's Sony has a (recessed?)
button which is hidden under the cover even on the 'complicated side
marked something like

Fixed on
__________

\ |
===== |
/ |
__________|

(an arrow pointing into three sided box)

HTH,
M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
news.freedom2surf.net wrote:

Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where
one side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc)
whereas the other side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV
as the set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter.
Alternatively, how to reset it to factory settings so it will
autotune.

Many thanks

Kevin

By eck! that is old, IMSR noah had one. ;-)

The old Sonys just had a dial. To tune those, turn the dial and stick
numbered bits of paper where the stations are.

NT