Posted to uk.d-i-y
john2 john2 is offline

Default Tuning in an older Sony TV

news.freedom2surf.net wrote:
Calling on the power of uk.d-i-y! Hopefully not too far off-topic.

An elderly lady has been given a Sony KV-M215TU TV set but has no user
manual.

This TV uses the old 2-sided reversible remote control (RM-826) where one
side has just a simple layout (TV, Volume, channels, etc) whereas the other
side has multiple functions (TV, video etc).

Can anyone tell me how to access the channel tuning setup on this TV as the
set is currently tuned in to a different transmitter. Alternatively, how to
reset it to factory settings so it will autotune.

I don't know the particular set, but 99% of remotes would use the "MENU"
button to access tuning. However, if its so old, 1995, that it hasn't
got on screen display, tuning may be on the set itself or even be
manual. Look for little trap doors on the set.

john2