Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan Dan is offline

Default Zanussi Dishwasher Door - Lost Fingers

Dear All,

Our dishwasher (integrated Zanussi ZDT6053) is a vicious beast. I
can't locate the adjusters to loosen off the door springs. At the
moment emptying it is like tackling the till in Open All Hours (showing
my age here...).

It's fully integrated model and currently has no front on it as we're
doing the kitchen at some point in the future, but I'm sure the weight
of a front wouldn't be enough to stop it flying back up.

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

Thanks
Dan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Dan" contains these words:

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

I very much doubt there is one. I'd expect it to just have springs that
hook onto each end at fixed points.

What you could do to slow it down a bit is take the door apart and
install some ballast, though of course as it approaches vertical it'll
only give it more momentum.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan Dan is offline

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "Dan" contains these words:

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

I very much doubt there is one. I'd expect it to just have springs that
hook onto each end at fixed points.

That's a shame, as my previous dishwasher (an indesit if memory serves)
had a couple of screws in the door that could be turned to reduce or
increase the tension in the springs.

Thanks
Dan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "Dan" contains these words:

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

I very much doubt there is one. I'd expect it to just have springs
that hook onto each end at fixed points.

What you could do to slow it down a bit is take the door apart and
install some ballast, though of course as it approaches vertical it'll
only give it more momentum.

Or wedge in a small Hungarian delivery boy :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Sep 2006 01:41:12 -0700, "Dan" wrote:

Dear All,

Our dishwasher (integrated Zanussi ZDT6053) is a vicious beast. I
can't locate the adjusters to loosen off the door springs. At the
moment emptying it is like tackling the till in Open All Hours (showing
my age here...).

Nah...you are OK.It's been on just the other week or two .Maybe still is on .

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear All,

Our dishwasher (integrated Zanussi ZDT6053) is a vicious beast. I
can't locate the adjusters to loosen off the door springs. At the
moment emptying it is like tackling the till in Open All Hours (showing
my age here...).

It's fully integrated model and currently has no front on it as we're
doing the kitchen at some point in the future, but I'm sure the weight
of a front wouldn't be enough to stop it flying back up.

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

Thanks
Dan

Look for a couple of allen-head bolts in the top rail of
the dishwasher enclosure. Turn them anti-clockwise to slacken
off the door spring.

HTH

--Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear All,

Our dishwasher (integrated Zanussi ZDT6053) is a vicious beast. I
can't locate the adjusters to loosen off the door springs. At the
moment emptying it is like tackling the till in Open All Hours (showing
my age here...).

It's fully integrated model and currently has no front on it as we're
doing the kitchen at some point in the future, but I'm sure the weight
of a front wouldn't be enough to stop it flying back up.

I bet you it is.

I once had an integrated DW and the balance on the door used to
pull it down open with a thump if you didn't lock it on the catch.

bUT As I only made enough dirty dishes to to fill it up once a week
keeping the door closed meant that dishes went mouldy each week.

I made sure not to fit an integrated DW into the next house.

tim

Zanussi Dishwasher DE 6850 - Salt Refill [email protected] UK diy 3 August 13th 06 09:23 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher not filling Pat M UK diy 3 April 27th 05 08:40 PM
zanussi dishwasher alarm code Al3 colin UK diy 0 April 17th 05 06:35 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 May 23rd 04 12:52 PM
Zanussi dishwasher just stops Gary Wooding UK diy 3 July 31st 03 02:00 AM