Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi condensing combi boiler

Hi all,

I have found loads of info saying that Worcester-Bosch boilers are the
top of the range, but I have a decent quote on a Baxi boiler. Are they
any good? Or is it just false economy?

Thanks
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Sep 2006 04:25:15 -0700, "JimF"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have found loads of info saying that Worcester-Bosch boilers are the
top of the range, but I have a decent quote on a Baxi boiler. Are they
any good? Or is it just false economy?

Thanks
James

I wanted a Baxi but ended up with a Bosch.

The final word I had on Baxi was not very good now and trading on an
old reputation that was good.

However, two people I know have the non condensing baxi and are
pleased with them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JimF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have found loads of info saying that Worcester-Bosch boilers are the
top of the range,

They are not they are mid-range. Top are Eci-Homtec, Viessmann, Etag, Atmos

but I have a decent quote on a Baxi boiler. Are they
any good? Or is it just false economy?

Get a Glow Worm combi, made by Valliant but cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"JimF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have found loads of info saying that Worcester-Bosch boilers are the
top of the range,

They are not they are mid-range. Top are Eci-Homtec, Viessmann, Etag,
Atmos

but I have a decent quote on a Baxi boiler. Are they
any good? Or is it just false economy?

Get a Glow Worm combi, made by Valliant but cheaper.

i would like to see and install one of those eco hometec, have you
installed one, the only thing i would worry about is all the gadgetry
that makes it run/diagnose problems. for me it would be easy but for an
old lady who doesn't know a circuit board from a monopoly board i think
there would be doubt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gav" wrote in message
. uk...
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"JimF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have found loads of info saying that Worcester-Bosch boilers are the
top of the range,

They are not they are mid-range. Top are Eci-Homtec, Viessmann, Etag,
Atmos

but I have a decent quote on a Baxi boiler. Are they
any good? Or is it just false economy?

Get a Glow Worm combi, made by Valliant but cheaper.

i would like to see and install one of those eco hometec, have you
installed one, the only thing i would worry about is all the gadgetry that
makes it run/diagnose problems. for me it would be easy but for an old
lady who doesn't know a circuit board from a monopoly board i think there
would be doubt

Do a Google as a few have fitted them on this ng. Seach for MAN too (same
boilers)