Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default An Apology

Dear all,

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

On many occasions I have been guilty of hypocrisy, and have claimed
the moral high ground whilst hiding behind a shallow mask of
anonymity. I have maligned the selfless advice offered by esteemed
group members such as Dave Plowman and Andrew Gabriel - where
would we be without them? and I have cast sexual innuendo in the
direction of several of you.

I have taken a Usenet group that was united in friendship and love and
have caused divisions in the 'family' - I'm not sure that the deep
respect that some of you shared for each other will ever regain the
lofty heights of the pre-Drivel era - again I can only hang my head in
shame and ask, or even beg, your forgiveness.

As for the radical mood swings and the irrationality of my arguments,
I can only put forward the defence that this was due to a hormone
imbalance suffered after an unfortunate slip with a hacksaw whilst
attempting to trim a length of Hep2O that I had resting in my lap.

Although painful, over a period of time this has had the blessing of
making me realise that I have, for many years, been a misfit trapped
in the body of a, frankly unattractive, man and, as a consequence, I
am now starting hormone therapy and looking forward to the next
(surgical) stage of my transformation from caterpillar to butterfly.

Love to you all

Doctor Drivel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Doctor Drivel contains these words:

Love to you all

Top hole. And quite possibly bottom hole, too.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Guy King contains these words:

The message
from Doctor Drivel contains these words:

Love to you all

Top hole. And quite possibly bottom hole, too.

It is times like this that I wonder whether I have done the right thing
in killfiling Dribble. From the years before I did killfile him I can't
recall him ever apologising.

Hmm. Having viewed the original on Google I have to say whoever forged
Dribbles apology made a basic mistake in not couching it in the
distinctive phrases that so single out Dribble and his brother from the
rest of the contributors here.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

It lacks that combination of whining-five-year-old tone and
slapped-puppy indignation that are so characteristic of his posts.

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:30:14 +0100, John White
fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message:

Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

snip kick****ter inane drivel

This is clear that he can't even recognise sincere apologies and gets
it confused with his own inane drivel and babble. This is a sad case
indeed. Perhaps he should eff off

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Lunatic Association

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
Dear all,

I would

snip drivel

Oh look the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association is at it again. They think they
are me. Gosh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John White" wrote in message
Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

That is right, you must know as you are a few people. So, your two heads
are better than one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:30:14 +0100, John White
fresh in from kicking **** wrote in
message:

Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

snip kick****ter inane drivel

This is clear that he can't even recognise sincere apologies and gets
it confused with his own inane drivel and babble. This is a sad case
indeed. Perhaps he should eff off

The uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association has excelled again. arf, arf.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Guy King contains these words:

The message
from Doctor Drivel contains these words:

Love to you all

Top hole. And quite possibly bottom hole, too.

It is times like this that I wonder whether I have done the right thing
in killfiling

Roger must you keep me killfiled. It is for your own good.

Hmm. Having viewed the original on Google

Roger it must the founder of the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association, Plowman.
Roger, now who thinks he knows anything useful, apart from your associations
members?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:30:14 +0100, John White wrote:

Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

Alas it's so. After three paragraphs I thought there was an outside chance
he'd had some sort of breakdown/religious revival. The last couple of
paragraphs over-egged the pudding.

An examination of the full header shows it to be the fraud it is, the
path, organization and agent and different from a genuine Dr.Evil post.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Late Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John White" wrote in message
.. .
Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

That is right, you must know as you are a few people. So, your two heads
are better than one.

Ah yes - Now that's REAL Drivel :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John White" wrote in message
The Late Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John White" wrote in message
. ..
Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

That is right, you must know as you are a few people. So, your two heads
are better than one.

Ah yes - Now that's REAL Drivel :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Mr White stop being someone else. Have you received your membership card
for the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association yet? arf, arf.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:30:14 +0100, John White wrote:

Somebody claiming to be Doctor Drivel wrote:

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Nice - but not Drivel :-)

Alas it's so.

ED, that is so.

BTW, your FAQ is still crap. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Doctor Drivel
saying something like:

snip

Love to you all

Doctor Drivel

Aww; innit nice? If only.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Doctor Drivel
saying something like:

snip

Love to you all

Doctor Drivel

Aww; innit nice? If only.

Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Who cares !!!!!

Sylvain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sylvain VAN DER WALDE" wrote in message

[...]

Sylvain, you are right. No one cares at all about senile, stupid people who
need to get a life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

Must be a forgery. Real posts - unless cut and paste - have at least one
spelling mistake per line.

--
*Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:

Alas it's so. After three paragraphs I thought there was an outside chance
he'd had some sort of breakdown/religious revival. The last couple of
paragraphs over-egged the pudding.

Yup, far too articulate for dribble. The sentances even have all the
words in them!

An examination of the full header shows it to be the fraud it is, the
path, organization and agent and different from a genuine Dr.Evil post.

The organisation seemd more correct than usual in fact! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes
[...]

Who's spamming his email addy then ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Ed Sirett wrote:

Alas it's so. After three paragraphs I thought there was an outside
chance
he'd had some sort of breakdown/religious revival. The last couple of
paragraphs over-egged the pudding.

Yup, far too articulate for dribble. The sentances even have all the words
in them!

This must be Essex wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message
[...]

Maxie, remember when you knobbed onto next door wireless router and they
didn't know....?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger wrote:

I can't recall him ever apologising.

I have never heard of him killing himself either. But one lives in hope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .uk
from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Alas it's so. After three paragraphs I thought there was an outside chance
he'd had some sort of breakdown/religious revival. The last couple of
paragraphs over-egged the pudding.

That's where most fakes fall down.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Roger wrote:

I can't recall him ever apologising.

I have never heard of him killing himself either. But one lives in hope.

I see the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association on this thread en-mass. Amazing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

I have never heard of him killing himself either. But one lives in hope.

What about killfiling himself?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

I thought the founding member the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association would
appear...and hey presto...

Must be

snip senile babble

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message .uk
from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Alas it's so. After three paragraphs I thought there was an outside
chance
he'd had some sort of breakdown/religious revival. The last couple of
paragraphs over-egged the pudding.

That's where most fakes fall down.

Done it before have you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-09-05 18:12:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Doctor Drivel
saying something like:

snip

Love to you all

Doctor Drivel

Aww; innit nice? If only.

Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

Probably true based on the amount that he seems to "love" himself daily.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2006-09-05 18:12:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
. ..
drugs began to take hold. I remember Doctor Drivel
saying something like:
snip

Love to you all
Doctor Drivel
Aww; innit nice? If only.

Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

Probably true based on the amount that he seems to "love" himself daily.

Saves on the heating bills

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2006-09-05 18:12:32 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Doctor Drivel
saying something like:
snip

Love to you all
Doctor Drivel
Aww; innit nice? If only.
Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

Probably true based on the amount that he seems to "love" himself daily.

Saves on the heating bills

Maxie, the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association had a chara-banc trip last weekend.
Did you go?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

For those members of mankind with a rather limited social circle
encompassing King Herod, Adolf Hitler, and Miss Piggy.

Owain

King Herod had much to commend him.

Mary
just returned from staying with grand-daughters :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:31:57 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

For those members of mankind with a rather limited social circle
encompassing King Herod, Adolf Hitler, and Miss Piggy.

Owain

King Herod had much to commend him.

Mary
just returned from staying with grand-daughters :-(

IIRC didn't Herod get rid of only the boys?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

"Owain" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Doctor Drivel is the most lovable person known to mankind.

For those members of mankind with a rather limited social circle
encompassing King Herod, Adolf Hitler, and Miss Piggy.

Owain

King Herod had much to commend him.

Mary
just returned from staying with grand-daughters :-(

IIRC didn't Herod get rid of only the boys?

Only because in his day he only perceived boys as the only threat. If the
magi had asked the whereabouts of the queen it would have been a different
story.

It was called the massacre of the innocents.

Innocents?

Hrumph.

Mary