Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default An Apology

Dear all,

I would like to make an unreserved apology for my behavior over the
past few months, I have been very rude to many of you without just
cause and am deeply ashamed.

On many occasions I have been guilty of hypocrisy, and have claimed
the moral high ground whilst hiding behind a shallow mask of
anonymity. I have maligned the selfless advice offered by esteemed
group members such as Dave Plowman and Andrew Gabriel - where
would we be without them? and I have cast sexual innuendo in the
direction of several of you.

I have taken a Usenet group that was united in friendship and love and
have caused divisions in the 'family' - I'm not sure that the deep
respect that some of you shared for each other will ever regain the
lofty heights of the pre-Drivel era - again I can only hang my head in
shame and ask, or even beg, your forgiveness.

As for the radical mood swings and the irrationality of my arguments,
I can only put forward the defence that this was due to a hormone
imbalance suffered after an unfortunate slip with a hacksaw whilst
attempting to trim a length of Hep2O that I had resting in my lap.

Although painful, over a period of time this has had the blessing of
making me realise that I have, for many years, been a misfit trapped
in the body of a, frankly unattractive, man and, as a consequence, I
am now starting hormone therapy and looking forward to the next
(surgical) stage of my transformation from caterpillar to butterfly.

Love to you all

Doctor Drivel