Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix kitchens

Anyone have any experience of Screwfix kitchens? We need a kitchen and we
need it soon. We found Wickes Showroom range seemed nice with standard soft
close doors and drawers but now their summer sale has ended they are too
expensive and delivery is over 4 weeks. B&Q flat pack range seems good value
but they are vague on specs and delivery times. So Screwfix seem a possible
alternative with 14 day delivery but are they any good?

Any opinions?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:55:05 +0100 Hlah wrote :
B&Q flat pack range seems good value
but they are vague on specs and delivery times.

Can't you get what you need off the shelf at one of their larger
warehouses? My experience of their delivery promises was not good.
Note that different patterns of doors seem to be on 50% sale in
rotation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HLAH wrote:
Anyone have any experience of Screwfix kitchens? We need a kitchen
and we need it soon. We found Wickes Showroom range seemed nice with
standard soft close doors and drawers but now their summer sale has
ended they are too expensive and delivery is over 4 weeks. B&Q flat
pack range seems good value but they are vague on specs and delivery
times. So Screwfix seem a possible alternative with 14 day delivery
but are they any good?

Any opinions?

TIA

I thought screwfix was quite expensive for flat packs?
A 1000mm floor unit is 84GBP it does say maple, but thats the melamine
covering the MDF.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
HLAH wrote:
Anyone have any experience of Screwfix kitchens? We need a kitchen
and we need it soon. We found Wickes Showroom range seemed nice with
standard soft close doors and drawers but now their summer sale has
ended they are too expensive and delivery is over 4 weeks. B&Q flat
pack range seems good value but they are vague on specs and delivery
times. So Screwfix seem a possible alternative with 14 day delivery
but are they any good?

Any opinions?

TIA

I thought screwfix was quite expensive for flat packs?
A 1000mm floor unit is 84GBP it does say maple, but thats the melamine
covering the MDF.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Have you tried Howdens?

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"HLAH" wrote in message
. B&Q flat pack range seems good value
but they are vague on specs and delivery times.

Any opinions?

I would think hard before using B&Q.

We ordered a complete kitchen from them, including appliances.

The oven arrived 3 weeks late.

We returned a dozen damaged doors.

They forgot to include worktop edging strip with our order, then wanted to
charge us £5 to deliver it (What cheek !!!)

We are still awaiting a wall unit that was on our original order & is due to
arrive sometime next week, 7 weeks late !!!

Our entire kitchen was supposed to have arrived on 22nd of July.

They never call you back, even when they have promised to.

woodglass....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HLAH wrote:
Anyone have any experience of Screwfix kitchens? We need a kitchen
and we need it soon. We found Wickes Showroom range seemed nice with
standard soft close doors and drawers but now their summer sale has
ended they are too expensive and delivery is over 4 weeks. B&Q flat
pack range seems good value but they are vague on specs and delivery
times. So Screwfix seem a possible alternative with 14 day delivery
but are they any good?

Any opinions?

TIA

I thought screwfix was quite expensive for flat packs?
A 1000mm floor unit is 84GBP it does say maple, but thats the melamine
covering the MDF.
--

We are only looking at their ready built range. That seems not bad price
wise, about what Wickes Showroom ranges were when they had their sale -

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HLAH wrote:
Anyone have any experience of Screwfix kitchens? We need a kitchen
and we need it soon. We found Wickes Showroom range seemed nice with
standard soft close doors and drawers but now their summer sale has
ended they are too expensive and delivery is over 4 weeks. B&Q flat
pack range seems good value but they are vague on specs and delivery
times. So Screwfix seem a possible alternative with 14 day delivery
but are they any good?

Any opinions?

TIA

I thought screwfix was quite expensive for flat packs?
A 1000mm floor unit is 84GBP it does say maple, but thats the melamine
covering the MDF.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Have you tried Howdens?

We did consider them before, going through a carpenter my dad knows to get
around their "trade only" rule. Their quality seems good and their ranges
are nice if a little bland - no problem for me. We thought though that it
might be a bit too much hassle but now after being irritated by just about
every other supplier in one way or another we are back thinking they might
be the best bet. They told us before that they hold all ranges in stock for
next day delivery.

Why can't they just sell direct? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"woodglass" wrote in message
.uk...

"HLAH" wrote in message
. B&Q flat pack range seems good value
but they are vague on specs and delivery times.

Any opinions?

I would think hard before using B&Q.

We ordered a complete kitchen from them, including appliances.

The oven arrived 3 weeks late.

We returned a dozen damaged doors.

They forgot to include worktop edging strip with our order, then wanted to
charge us £5 to deliver it (What cheek !!!)

We are still awaiting a wall unit that was on our original order & is due
arrive sometime next week, 7 weeks late !!!

Our entire kitchen was supposed to have arrived on 22nd of July.

They never call you back, even when they have promised to.

Their delivery time on the website says "within 7 weeks" so er no thanks I
think, also too many people quoting problems with them. We too had a hell of
a problem with them supplying a bathroom suite a few years back so I'm not
keen.

We will get Howdens to give us a quote - ooh no get Howdens to give our
carpenter a quote ;-)

Cheers all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"HLAH" wrote in message
news

HLAH wrote:
[...]

They do it's called MFI - they add 200% then reduce it by 150%..............

Some Howdens depot managers will allow direct sales. If you find one be sure
to stock up on consumable items - these are very cheap

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PhilC" wrote in message

"HLAH" wrote in message
news

HLAH wrote:
[...]

Weird thing isn't it that MFI is losing a fortune and yet Howden is making
money?

Selling goods no nonsense makes money, titting about with constant sales and
fancy marketing salesman led consumer rubbish doesn't. Hmm sell me MFI for a
quid I'll turn it around :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix kitchens - do not read if easilly offended

"HLAH" wrote in message

"PhilC" wrote in message

"HLAH" wrote in message
news

HLAH wrote:
[...]

Not while they employ - totally non PC - 'Chimps' to sell their products. To
long a story to relate here but the words Customer Service and returning
goods are not part of thier vocablary.This was of course not kitchen
related.

Anyone who has purchased a kitchen probably knows that you can buy a unit
for say 100GBP but the 'trim' for installing it is another 50GBP. This is
another way of parting the customer from their money. IIRC Howdens 'trim' is
reasonably priced.

PhilC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PhilC" wrote in message

"HLAH" wrote in message

"PhilC" wrote in message

"HLAH" wrote in message
news

HLAH wrote:
[...]

Vocabulary!!!!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

woodglass wrote:
"HLAH" wrote in message
. B&Q flat pack range seems good value
but they are vague on specs and delivery times.

Any opinions?

I would think hard before using B&Q.

We ordered a complete kitchen from them, including appliances.

The oven arrived 3 weeks late.

We returned a dozen damaged doors.

They forgot to include worktop edging strip with our order, then wanted to
charge us £5 to deliver it (What cheek !!!)

We are still awaiting a wall unit that was on our original order & is due to
arrive sometime next week, 7 weeks late !!!

Our entire kitchen was supposed to have arrived on 22nd of July.

They never call you back, even when they have promised to.

woodglass....

did you pay all the money upfront?
never do that with b&q

Mobile 'phone in Screwfix box Egremont UK diy 15 November 21st 05 11:09 PM
Screwfix + Lynx = A change in service contract (at last) [email protected] UK diy 9 December 17th 04 01:00 AM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM
Screwfix :-( Ian UK diy 13 September 3rd 03 06:15 PM