Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building a bike trailer

I'm planning to make some bicycle trailers for various purposes.
One of the best I've seen for simplicity and potential lightness is
he
http://www.bikesatwork.com/bike-trai...-bike-trailer/
Bicycle Trailer - Spine Frame - Bikes At Work

With more component details he
http://www.bikesatwork.com/bike-trai...omponents.html
Spine Bike Trailer Components - Bikes At Work

When I look at the way the transverse components are fitted to the
spine, I wonder if it wouldn't be better using square section tube to
reduce any rotational effects.
This is without taking account of the difficulties which will be
involved in bending the necessary curves in aluminium tube.

For bending purposes would packing the tubes with sand be the best
method?
How could the bending pressure be applied evenly and effectively in a
D-I-Y situation?

Some aluminium tubes I've found on the Web are he
http://tinyurl.co.uk/j4w4

Any advice on this project would be appreciated.
--
Mycle

Pedestrian Plus

building a trailer news.btinternet.com UK diy 25 February 13th 06 01:54 PM
Siting a Shed - Building Regs [email protected] UK diy 14 June 6th 05 04:23 PM
Trailer Brakes desperado Metalworking 2 January 31st 05 07:26 PM
Exemption from building regs??? antz UK diy 4 January 14th 05 08:05 AM
Lack of building permit donald girod Home Repair 12 July 7th 03 11:13 PM