Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soil pipe, not enough fall?

I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

garym999 wrote:
I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

Build the cabin higher off the ground ?
Build some type of ramp to get in that hides/protects the sewer pipe
until it goes under the true ground level.
No real other option without some type of pump, but when you say the
drain is 400mm below surface, do you mean the invert of the drain, or
some kind of grating ? Sorry if this insults you intelligence !
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

garym999 wrote:
I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

Dunster on the roof? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "garym999" contains these words:

How do I get around this?

Put the bog high up.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

Either:

1. increase the height
2. connect to the drain deeper (if it actually runs deeper)
3. connect to the drain closer (if it actually runs closer)
4. install a pump
5. install a klargester

Whether you like macerators or not, the laws of gravity still apply!

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "garym999"
saying something like:

Put your ****ter on a pedestal.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"garym999" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

Not sure what current regs say but ISTR that 1:80 is possible with a high
standard of workmanship and a WC. My (old) Hunter guide says so. Might
just work for you at 27m.

Jim A

Posted to uk.d-i-y

garym999 wrote:
I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below the
surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

That's good enough probably. I think you can go to 1:100..consults
building regs 2000..

Almost. for 100mm pipe as long as peak flow is 1 liter per second 1 in
80 is allowed.

otherwise 1:40 is minimum for lower flow.

I am sure a flushing toilet is more than 1 liter per second.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

garym999 wrote:
I'm planning to put a log cabin at the bottom of my gardern for use as
an office. Makes sense to provide it with all the services.

I would like to have a proper soil pipe. Think the fall has to be at
least 1 in 60. The problem is the nearest drain is only 400mm below
the surface and the cabin would be 27m away.

How do I get around this? And before it gets suggested I hate those
maserator things.

That's enough fall, turds are never going to climb uphill even if it is only
1:70, failing that, have you not thought about moving the 'log' cabin closer
to the house? - it saves on plumbing, electrics and walking 27m in the
****ing down rain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:11:34 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:
1. increase the height
2. connect to the drain deeper (if it actually runs deeper)
3. connect to the drain closer (if it actually runs closer)
4. install a pump
5. install a klargester

6. install a composting toilet

I would suggest that most potential buyers of the house would sooner
have their ears cut off.

OTOH if the building is a "Temporary Building" a Porta Potti might be
your salvation.

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
Christian McArdle wrote:
1. increase the height
2. connect to the drain deeper (if it actually runs deeper)
3. connect to the drain closer (if it actually runs closer)
4. install a pump
5. install a klargester

6. install a composting toilet

7. just go back to the house on the odd occasion

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

Put your ****ter on a pedestal.

Vote him in /again/?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chees for all the comments ;-)

Just wondered how the problem is normally overcome. I'm seem to recall
that the builder commented that there was not much scope for decent
fall into the main sewer and hence the knockon effect now that I'm
looking at the cabin further from the house and the sewer. The cabin
will be off the gound but I'd prefer the pipe to be burried.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

garym999 wrote:
Chees for all the comments ;-)

Just wondered how the problem is normally overcome. I'm seem to recall
that the builder commented that there was not much scope for decent
fall into the main sewer and hence the knockon effect now that I'm
looking at the cabin further from the house and the sewer. The cabin
will be off the gound but I'd prefer the pipe to be burried.

We told you. 1 in 80 is acceptable and to regulations. According to your
dimensions you will have one in 67 or so..

As long as the pipe is laid accurately you won;t have large turds stuck
in your bog.Make sure you have a proper rodding point thats all. And if
the pipe is near the surface I recommend a path laid over the gravel you
bury it in.

Ping Cliff was Centerline or Work Surface Programming? Cliff Home Repair 3 July 22nd 06 04:15 PM
Soil pipe repair Lobster UK diy 13 June 9th 05 04:22 PM
OT - Humor - US Army Pipe Specs Lane Metalworking 1 May 23rd 05 12:28 PM
fall angle of soil pipe Mark UK diy 4 January 13th 05 12:56 PM