Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diesel starting problem

drugs began to take hold. I remember Clint Sharp
saying something like:

Is the right answer for pre common-rail systems.

Umm, the Peugeot 406 HDI is a common rail system IIRC, electronic
injection system and almost all the sensors you'd find on a petrol car.
The Espace wasn't and I think the Audi was but can't be certain because
it had a pretty plastic cover that was a pain in the butt to remove for
quickly testing the equipment we used to make/sell/maintain and there
was always a Peugeot around

and you get another 40 or
50 thousand miles before the pump expires, you're to the good.

The engineers filled the cars with petrol in the first 15,000 miles of
the cars lives, we got rid of the cars well after 100K miles and never
had to replace a pump, they all ran the cars after filling them with
petrol until they stopped.

There you go, then. Goes to show most of the stuff spouted about it is
just bull**** to up the income of dealers.
--

Dave