Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mystery of Ikea plug

I bought 2 very nice angle lamps from Ikea to light my computer bench,
but both failed after a couple of weeks.

These are 12 volt lamps with a transformer attached to the 3-pin plug.

I dis-assembled the plug, as I thought there was probably a fuse in it.
There wasn't, but what I found mystifying is that
both the primary and the secondary coil
appeared to have infinite resistance,
although there was no evidence of any burning in either case.

Could there be some other explanation of this?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie

A/C plug gets too hot nbj Electronics Repair 25 August 5th 06 02:48 PM
Used wrong plug on my camcorder!! hELp!! [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 July 30th 06 04:47 AM
Plug advice Corey Woodworking 9 October 31st 04 11:50 PM
Help Me Pull The Plug Fdmorrison Metalworking 39 February 9th 04 11:33 PM
Replace Dyson Plug Ade Smith UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM