Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default damp proofing cream?

Hi

I have small area of dampness in the single wall /extension/. I want to
treat it with
the Quick Cream
http://www.dampness-info.co.uk/quickdpc.htm

I wonder if anyone had any experience with the above or similar product.
Regards
peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "peter" contains these words:

I wonder if anyone had any experience with the above or similar product.

I'd have thought finding where the water was getting in and fixing it
might be more effective.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Guy King writes:
The message
from "peter" contains these words:

I wonder if anyone had any experience with the above or similar product.

I'd have thought finding where the water was getting in and fixing it
might be more effective.

Indeed -- you can't treat any damp without first identifying
its cause. Mistreatment will at best have no effect, but
could make it worse.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd have thought finding where the water was getting in and fixing it
might be more effective.

Indeed -- you can't treat any damp without first identifying
its cause. Mistreatment will at best have no effect, but
could make it worse.

--
Andrew Gabriel

I agree, but it is a small area /about 1.5 meters long/ and it is not very
bad.
The ground level outside is higher /to close to the membrane/ than it should
be.
So I would like to try a cheaper method before any more serious construction
work.
The question remains, has anyone use it and how does it compare to the
''traditional''
liquid injection method?
peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "peter" contains these words:

The ground level outside is higher /to close to the membrane/ than it
should
be.

Time to get digging, I'd say.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

peter wrote:
I'd have thought finding where the water was getting in and fixing it
might be more effective.

Indeed -- you can't treat any damp without first identifying
its cause. Mistreatment will at best have no effect, but
could make it worse.

--
Andrew Gabriel

I agree, but it is a small area /about 1.5 meters long/ and it is not very
bad.
The ground level outside is higher /to close to the membrane/ than it should
be.
So I would like to try a cheaper method before any more serious construction
work.
The question remains, has anyone use it and how does it compare to the
''traditional''
liquid injection method?
peter

AFAIK it's just a gel version of the injection liquid. Gives the
illusion of more when you're putting it on but a waste of time and money
I would have thought.
I agree the source should be found because the damp will probably just
spread to the next bit of porous plaster.
I usually paint the whole wall with oil based undercoat in these
situations. It won't stop serious damp but it does make the old plaster
less water friendly. And no, it doesn't prevent the house or its
occupants from breathing
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AFAIK it's just a gel version of the injection liquid. Gives the illusion
of more when you're putting it on but a waste of time and money I would
have thought.
I agree the source should be found because the damp will probably just
spread to the next bit of porous plaster.
I usually paint the whole wall with oil based undercoat in these
situations. It won't stop serious damp but it does make the old plaster
less water friendly. And no, it doesn't prevent the house or its occupants
from breathing

Thank you very much Stuart

electro osmotic damp proofing - does it work? Jake UK diy 21 June 4th 16 07:31 AM
advice sought - builder's idea for damp proofing a basement Antony UK diy 8 June 30th 04 05:46 PM
More damp testing woes Kooky45 UK diy 22 October 21st 03 11:33 AM
Where to get damp proofing cream? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 11 August 13th 03 08:52 AM