Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending central htg piecemeal - can I use valves prior to new circuits?

Hi,
I am currently fitting a new bathroom downstairs and will be putting
in a CH radiator. I intend to install some more rads in time for
winter but not yet (too many other things to do on the farm)

What I propose is : when I branch off the existing 22mm CH pipes to
fit the bathroom rad I will put in 22mm Ts with one side going to the
new rad and the other into a 22mm full-flow valve (see screwfix
) so that I can just join up to this when I get time to install the
other pipes/rads without needing to redrain the system.

The valves are suitable for water and steam so I assume they will be
OK in a CH system.

Am I crazy or is this an OK idea?

Ken