Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Multi Way Fuse Holder ??

I want to switch a number of circuits and am considering
using the MK Grid range ...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

However - some of these circuits need to be fused.
Is there a neat way of housing multiple fuses? A sort of
multi way one of these...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK0337.html

Many thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:

I want to switch a number of circuits and am considering
using the MK Grid range ...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

However - some of these circuits need to be fused.
Is there a neat way of housing multiple fuses? A sort of
multi way one of these...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK0337.html

Some of these then ...

http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/products...8&rangeid=1026

(search on "4890" for the full range of options)

.... and a larger grid assembly than you first thought.

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:

I want to switch a number of circuits and am considering
using the MK Grid range ...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

However - some of these circuits need to be fused.
Is there a neat way of housing multiple fuses?

Well there is

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4890.html

in the same grid range.

What exactly are you trying to do?

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

"John White"

Well there is

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4890.html

in the same grid range.

What exactly are you trying to do?

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Andy/John,

Many thanks for your responses...

Ahhgg - they didn't show up in my searching...
So this fuse holder fits into the grid plate? Yes?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

What I'm trying to do is (neatly) group the switching
of fixed units in a kitchen. Fridge, freezer, oven,
microwave, extractor, gas hob etc...

Some of these items will have 3 pin plugs hence no
need for a fuse, others - oven, extractor, hob will
not have a plug and will need a fuse.

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RzB" wrote in message
"John White"

Well there is

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4890.html

in the same grid range.

What exactly are you trying to do?

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor

Andy/John,

Many thanks for your responses...

Ahhgg - they didn't show up in my searching...
So this fuse holder fits into the grid plate? Yes?

Yes. You can also get warning lamps in various colours.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

What I'm trying to do is (neatly) group the switching
of fixed units in a kitchen. Fridge, freezer, oven,
microwave, extractor, gas hob etc...

The oven *might* be a problem depending on it's maximum rating, also
bear in mind that you are looking at putting a lot of wires into the
backing box(s) which might cause issues.

Some of these items will have 3 pin plugs hence no
need for a fuse, others - oven, extractor, hob will
not have a plug and will need a fuse.

Err, IMO you would be better to hard wire all, or use 15 amp three
pin *round* (un-fused) plugs and sockets, otherwise you are going to
have sockets rated at 30 amps and others at the maximum rating of the
grid switch within the kitchen.

This all sounds like it needs careful planning....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

"Jerry"

====clip

What I'm trying to do is (neatly) group the switching
of fixed units in a kitchen. Fridge, freezer, oven,
microwave, extractor, gas hob etc...

The oven *might* be a problem depending on it's maximum rating, also
bear in mind that you are looking at putting a lot of wires into the
backing box(s) which might cause issues.

Some of these items will have 3 pin plugs hence no
need for a fuse, others - oven, extractor, hob will
not have a plug and will need a fuse.

Err, IMO you would be better to hard wire all, or use 15 amp three
pin *round* (un-fused) plugs and sockets, otherwise you are going to
have sockets rated at 30 amps and others at the maximum rating of the
grid switch within the kitchen.

This all sounds like it needs careful planning....

Jerry,
Many thanks for your advice..

There are in fact two Ovens - one is a 3Kw rating and the other
is a small Compact oven rated at 1Kw. Separate circuits.
So I think that's not too much of a problem.

There will be ample room behind the switches. I'm expecting to
mount them on a panel with a void behind.. I haven't look closely
yet but I think I will be using these to hold the grid plate in place...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3704.html

Interesting your point about round sockets. I don't really want
to hard wire things like the fridge and freezer. They are free
standing units but will built in between other tall units. Hence
they could be pulled out for cleaning etc. The sockets will be
mounted behind them and are not accessible. Is it necessary to
go to round pins in this instance?

I agree about the planning - lots going on.

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RzB" wrote in message
snip

There are in fact two Ovens - one is a 3Kw rating and the other
is a small Compact oven rated at 1Kw. Separate circuits.
So I think that's not too much of a problem.

Thinking about this a bit more, circuit separation *might* be an
issue, normally all circuits within a single 'enclosure' are isolated
from a single source.

There will be ample room behind the switches. I'm expecting to
mount them on a panel with a void behind.. I haven't look closely
yet but I think I will be using these to hold the grid plate in

place...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3704.html

Hmm, don't like the idea of a void, sounds like an open back, were is
your flame retarding housing? ISTM that you are looking at having to
make a custom enclosure...

Interesting your point about round sockets. I don't really want
to hard wire things like the fridge and freezer. They are free
standing units but will built in between other tall units. Hence
they could be pulled out for cleaning etc. The sockets will be
mounted behind them and are not accessible. Is it necessary to
go to round pins in this instance?

If the sockets are going to be behind the unit then IMO yes it's
worth the extra work, I know that others on the group disagree
though.

I agree about the planning - lots going on.

How far away from the 'switch panel' will the furthest appliance be?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
RzB wrote:
I want to switch a number of circuits and am considering
using the MK Grid range ...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK3634.html

However - some of these circuits need to be fused.
Is there a neat way of housing multiple fuses?

Grid systems include fuses, neons, cord outlets, dimmers etc as well as
switches.

--
*Cleaned by Stevie Wonder, checked by David Blunkett*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.