Christopher Tidy

Default Anyone got a spare "Slydlok" 30 A fuse holder?

Hi all,

Yesterday I picked up two 2 kVA 230 V - 110 V transformers. One I plan
to use to run 110 V tools in the workshop, and the other I plan to
rewind for my phase convertor.

While loading the transformers I unfortunately knocked a wrench off a
shelf. It fell inside one transformer and cracked a fuse holder. Damn!
That's the third stupid thing like that I've done in the last couple of
months...

On the plus side, I noticed that the fixed part of another fuse holder
is cracked, so I needed a replacement anyway. But a single replacement
unit will do. The fuse holder is marked "Slydlok" and is rated at 30 A.
Anyone got a spare lying in their parts box or junk pile? It's a
component that probably turns up in industrial equipment pretty often,
but you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for one. Please let
me know if you have; it would be appreciated.

Here's a picture of the transformers. The fuse holders are visible, and
the motor for my phase convertor is to the side:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/transformers.jpg

Obviously they require a clean and repaint, but that's part of the fun.

Best wishes,

Chris

Brian Lawson

Hey Chris,

I really can't tell from the photo, and memory ain't what it used to
be on the "SLydlok" word, but is there a chance that these are the
type of protection that give a mechanical annunciation (maybe "flip
up" when they trip/blow? If so, that would be VERY old technology,
and I would simply replace with a standard fuse holder or a circuit
breaker.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:29:43 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

[...]

Christopher Tidy

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Chris,

I really can't tell from the photo, and memory ain't what it used to
be on the "SLydlok" word, but is there a chance that these are the
type of protection that give a mechanical annunciation (maybe "flip
up" when they trip/blow? If so, that would be VERY old technology,
and I would simply replace with a standard fuse holder or a circuit
breaker.

No, they're just fuse holders, but you push them down and slide to lock
in place. I've seen them before but I don't recall where. I might
replace it with a breaker, but I'd prefer to keep the fuse holders
authentic if I can.

Best wishes,

Chris