Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washing Machine

Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise me on the following problem?

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Thanks

Lisette

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Aug 2006 00:49:46 -0700, "Lisette" wrote:

Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise me on the following problem?

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Thanks

Lisette

Does the drum ever turn. If not it's likely to be motor brushes I would think.

Easy to change and about £10 a set

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "Lisette" contains these words:

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Is this the last rinse? They're usually at a higher level than the
others and use a different setting on the level switch. First port of
call would be the thin pipe leading to the level switch to make sure it
isn't blocked with soap scum.

It's not clear, but if this is the *first* "filling with water", then
Guy's comments would also be relevant; though another possibility there
might be a fault in the heating element (the machine will wait forever
till the water is hot enough)?

Douglas de Lacey
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Cap wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 00:49:46 -0700, "Lisette" wrote:

Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise me on the following problem?

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Thanks

Lisette

Does the drum ever turn. If not it's likely to be motor brushes I would think.

Easy to change and about £10 a set

Andy

The drum doesn't turn, so I am going to get some brushes and try that
tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed that works!

Thank you so much to everyone for your help.

Lisette

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lisette" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise me on the following problem?

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Thanks

Lisette

My first thought is its the heater or Heater TOC blown.

press the Economy switch if it starts up its the heater or toc.

To check the brushes put it on spin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Right, I changed the brushes and after a bit of a struggle getting the
carbon on one to free itself I got the machine working. (Have only
checked it on spin as it was in my lunch hour and I was in a hurry!)

The only thing that worries me, is the amount of arcing inside the
motor on the high speed spin. It seems to be quite a lot and yes, it's
coming from the one that I had a problem freeing, however I'm pretty
sure it's free now.

Is this normal?

Lisette

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lisette" wrote in message
ps.com...

Right, I changed the brushes and after a bit of a struggle getting the
carbon on one to free itself I got the machine working. (Have only
checked it on spin as it was in my lunch hour and I was in a hurry!)

The only thing that worries me, is the amount of arcing inside the
motor on the high speed spin. It seems to be quite a lot and yes, it's
coming from the one that I had a problem freeing, however I'm pretty
sure it's free now.

Is this normal?

Lisette

Two probable reasons for arcing

The comm on the motor is dirty, you can buy a comm stick to clean it

The profile on the end of the new brushes does not match the profile of the
Comm, it will bed in after a couple of washes.

hotpoint washing machine: how do I remove front panel? tubbs UK diy 4 July 23rd 06 09:42 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:20 AM
kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 2 March 29th 06 07:08 PM
kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 28th 06 02:28 PM
Hotpoint Washing Machine Problem Nick UK diy 2 March 16th 04 10:31 PM