Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey Douglas de Lacey is offline

Default Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washing Machine

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "Lisette" contains these words:

My Hotpoint Aquarius 100 washing machine goes through it's cycle until
it fills with water and then stops. I can hear the dial trying to
click on for a couple of minutes then it stops trying. If I turn the
dial towards the spin cyle it will drain.

Is this the last rinse? They're usually at a higher level than the
others and use a different setting on the level switch. First port of
call would be the thin pipe leading to the level switch to make sure it
isn't blocked with soap scum.

It's not clear, but if this is the *first* "filling with water", then
Guy's comments would also be relevant; though another possibility there
might be a fault in the heating element (the machine will wait forever
till the water is hot enough)?

Douglas de Lacey