Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default before mains stop cock?

Can you tee off before the stop cock on the rising water main if there is
separate isolation provided?
I'd be very suprised if the answer was yes.
I probably don't want to do that, but it would improve performance to my
boiler with out ripping the kitchen apart, since All the new plumbing is
under the floor.
I guess I don't want to put another stopcock in the cellar.

This is the existing layout

|____
| |
x | x = accessible s.cock
| |
==========floor level===
| |
| |
| |______
| |
| |
^

TIA,
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You can basically do what you like - the pipework from the external
stopcock onwards is your responsibility, so you can change it if you
need to. Not sure how it would improve things though.

Andrew

VisionSet wrote:
Can you tee off before the stop cock on the rising water main if there is
separate isolation provided?
I'd be very suprised if the answer was yes.
I probably don't want to do that, but it would improve performance to my
boiler with out ripping the kitchen apart, since All the new plumbing is
under the floor.
I guess I don't want to put another stopcock in the cellar.

This is the existing layout

|____
| |
x | x = accessible s.cock
| |
==========floor level===
| |
| |
| |______
| |
| |
^

TIA,
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...

VisionSet wrote:
Can you tee off before the stop cock on the rising water main if there

is
separate isolation provided?

You can basically do what you like - the pipework from the external
stopcock onwards is your responsibility, so you can change it if you
need to. Not sure how it would improve things though.

Because when other devices draw water there will be less effect to the
boiler if is teed off closer to the rising main. ...I think.

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You can basically do what you like - the pipework from the external
stopcock onwards is your responsibility, so you can change it if you
need to. Not sure how it would improve things though.

Because when other devices draw water there will be less effect to the
boiler if is teed off closer to the rising main. ...I think.

The difference from teeing off either side of a full bore stopcock would
probably not even be measurable, let alone significant. OK, there might be a
difference if you are knocking out a large section of 15mm pipework, but I
don't get the impression that this is the case.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
You can basically do what you like - the pipework from the external
stopcock onwards is your responsibility, so you can change it if you
need to. Not sure how it would improve things though.

Because when other devices draw water there will be less effect to the
boiler if is teed off closer to the rising main. ...I think.

The difference from teeing off either side of a full bore stopcock would
probably not even be measurable, let alone significant. OK, there might be

difference if you are knocking out a large section of 15mm pipework, but I
don't get the impression that this is the case.

It isn't the stopcock I'm avoiding it is the other appliances connected
before the down pipe that I can connect to below the floor. If I connect to
the rising main I connect before the other appliances. See ascii art.

Mike W

How to tell which pipe is the mains? asalcedo UK diy 4 October 11th 05 01:34 PM
Leaking stop cock Pedge UK diy 3 April 24th 05 07:59 PM
safety question - many short cut-offs using a stop igor Woodworking 16 November 21st 04 02:17 AM
Mains failure gennie switching Chris Wilson Electronics Repair 7 November 9th 03 12:31 AM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM