Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] auctions@sheldononline.co.uk is offline

Default before mains stop cock?

You can basically do what you like - the pipework from the external
stopcock onwards is your responsibility, so you can change it if you
need to. Not sure how it would improve things though.

Andrew

VisionSet wrote:
Can you tee off before the stop cock on the rising water main if there is
separate isolation provided?
I'd be very suprised if the answer was yes.
I probably don't want to do that, but it would improve performance to my
boiler with out ripping the kitchen apart, since All the new plumbing is
under the floor.
I guess I don't want to put another stopcock in the cellar.

This is the existing layout

|____
| |
x | x = accessible s.cock