Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairs to tarmac drive

Hello all,

At the front of my garage I have a fair sized area of red tarmac. Parts
of this, where the wheels turn are starting to break up. Small bits of
stone stick to the car tyres and get carried into the garage.

Is there anything I can apply to the surface to prevent further break
up.

Regards....CC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from "Crewood" contains these words:

Is there anything I can apply to the surface to prevent further break
up.

You could try steering while you're rolling instead of when stopped.
That'd make a huge difference.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Crewood wrote:
Hello all,

At the front of my garage I have a fair sized area of red tarmac. Parts
of this, where the wheels turn are starting to break up. Small bits of
stone stick to the car tyres and get carried into the garage.

Is there anything I can apply to the surface to prevent further break
up.

Regards....CC

A resin binder (as used for decorative gravel drives) will seal the
surface and prevent further degradation

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 23:18:50 +0100, Guy King wrote:

You could try steering while you're rolling instead of when stopped.
That'd make a huge difference.

Certainly will. Before power steering was common place it was hard work
steering without rolling, one just learnt that the least effort way was
to steer when just moving. These days I guess many people have not driven
a car without power steering so don't realise the stress that steering
without moving places on the tyres, road surface and steering mechanism.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

Crewood wrote:
Hello DG,

Thanks for that, any idea where I could get the resin binder, brand
names, stores?

Regards....CC

A resin binder (as used for decorative gravel drives) will seal the
surface and prevent further degradation

dg

Try www.resibond.co.uk or google for " resin driveways " or similar to
find suppliers. IIRC a 25 litre drum is about £30-40

dg