Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome self adhesive tape

The black plastic rubbing strips on the side of my old Rover have - or
rather had - chrome strips down them. It was some form of chrome on
plastic and has failed. I thought I'd try carefully trimmed chrome tape
but nobody appears to sell it anymore. Nothing on Ebay and have tried car
accessory shops and Halfords, etc. Anyone any ideas?

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:06:32 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

The black plastic rubbing strips on the side of my old Rover have - or
rather had - chrome strips down them. It was some form of chrome on
plastic and has failed. I thought I'd try carefully trimmed chrome tape
but nobody appears to sell it anymore. Nothing on Ebay and have tried car
accessory shops and Halfords, etc. Anyone any ideas?

I think it was banned from sale for H&S reasons .. least that's what
my mate who owns a Toy / Cycle shop told me awhile ago? ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The black plastic rubbing strips on the side of my old Rover have - or
rather had - chrome strips down them. It was some form of chrome on
plastic and has failed. I thought I'd try carefully trimmed chrome
tape but nobody appears to sell it anymore. Nothing on Ebay and have
tried car accessory shops and Halfords, etc. Anyone any ideas?

Try a scooter shop(Vespa)? these have all manner of strips for the edge of
the panels on the bike.
Other than that a scrapyard.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/rubber_trim.htm

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The black plastic rubbing strips on the side of my old Rover have - or
rather had - chrome strips down them. It was some form of chrome on
plastic and has failed. I thought I'd try carefully trimmed chrome tape
but nobody appears to sell it anymore. Nothing on Ebay and have tried car
accessory shops and Halfords, etc. Anyone any ideas?

How about chrome filler strip? :

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=chrome+filler+strip&btnG=Google+Sea rch

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
http://www.nfauto.co.uk/rubber_trim.htm

That looks useful (flexible chrome trim in half moon shape) - although
I'll have to wait till tomorrow to measure up.

Thank you, Sir.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged