Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any good websites for advice/instructions for laying laminate?

I'm going to embark on a project of laying laminate in our sitting
room/lounge (approx 7m x 3.5m). I was going to just pay someone to do it
but everyone I know who's paid someone else, haven't been too impressed with
the result.

I have searched a bit, but only found sites that give a couple paragraphs of
advice - I need something a bit more in depth! So if anyone knows any good
sites so that I can swot up on before I start, I would be grateful!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/laminate_flooring.htm

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You're going to need one of these if its the click laminate.

The price is about average as thats what I paid in a local shed,although
not all sheds sell this particular type.

http://tinyurl.com/pfch8

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
Neil wrote:
I'm going to embark on a project of laying laminate in our sitting
room/lounge (approx 7m x 3.5m). I was going to just pay someone to
do it but everyone I know who's paid someone else, haven't been too
impressed with the result.

I have searched a bit, but only found sites that give a couple
paragraphs of advice - I need something a bit more in depth! So if
anyone knows any good sites so that I can swot up on before I start,
I would be grateful!!

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/laminate_flooring.htm

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

That site promotes a bodge of the highest order!

In the "what you will need" section it includes the hateful "beading" to
cover the expansion gaps, and not a mention of the proper way which is of
course to remove skirting and replace after laying the laminate.

Maybe the advice is aimed at the "pro" installer who is keen to get in, do
the job and get out quick. For the DIYer with a bit of time on his hands,
there's no substitute for doing it properly.

In my experience, the instructions on the box have been pretty comprehensive
(have only used Pergo products so I guess the instructions may be of
variable quality).

Regards,

Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil wrote:
[...]

I think you'll find a lot of people use the beading method rather than make
a mess of taking the skirting off.

In fact I've done several laminate jobs and only two wanted it underneath
the skirting.

Don't knock the site just because of this as it is an informative site.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Survey on laminate flooring options (15 seconds!) Tim UK diy 4 July 27th 04 12:53 AM
Laminate flooring - recommendations for good sites / advice ? Andy Dingley UK diy 2 January 18th 04 12:09 PM
wood laminate flooring Daniel UK diy 9 July 24th 03 02:33 PM
Wood Laminate Flooring Russ Home Repair 9 June 30th 03 04:43 PM