Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tap insert thingy

Hi what is the black plastic thing that is inserted into the tap spout
called and can they be bought separately? The thing missing from this
picture.

http://i7.tinypic.com/21abdjl.jpg
Thanks Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:02:55 UTC, "Mark"
wrote:

Hi what is the black plastic thing that is inserted into the tap spout
called and can they be bought separately? The thing missing from this
picture.

http://i7.tinypic.com/21abdjl.jpg

I've heard them called 'water distributors'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Skier" contains these words:

http://i7.tinypic.com/21abdjl.jpg
Thanks Mark

aireator ?

Sometimes called a diffusor.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:34:53 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from "Skier" contains these words:

http://i7.tinypic.com/21abdjl.jpg
Thanks Mark

aireator ?

Sometimes called a diffusor.

Whatever. I've never come across them as a spare.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I am amazed at the educated guesses about the (I'm not too sure how to
say this) content? of a picture depicting something that isn't there.

How didn't the OP not manage to take a picture of itn't?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am amazed at the educated guesses about the (I'm not too sure how to
say this) content? of a picture depicting something that isn't there.

How didn't the OP not manage to take a picture of itn't?

My guess would be that the OP lives in one of those houses which has the
modern feature of both cold _and_ hot running water :-)

cheers,
clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Weatherlawyer"
saying something like:

How didn't the OP not manage to take a picture of itn't?

For sure, itt's a sensible thing to do. We should take pictures of all
the little bits and bobs that go to make up larger items in the event of
them going missing.

These days, with HD storage being so cheap, I'd imagine an entire
household could be accomodated several times over, thus opening up the
possibility of providing a service for the neighbours - just in case
they lose something too.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

These days, with HD storage being so cheap, I'd imagine an entire
household could be accomodated several times over, thus opening up the
possibility of providing a service for the neighbours - just in case
they lose something too.

All my treasured data is backed up onto DVDs in the fire safe, and
across the LAN and to my brother's LAN 40 miles away. I know this
doesn't get round the obselescence problem, but it does at least (with
proper journalled backups) reduce the chances of losing all the photos
of the kids.
Also, a fair few of the choicest pics have been printed (proper
photoprints, not inkjets) and given to other rellies.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
noj noj is offline

replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can any one actually answer the mans question?????

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gy-268652-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
noj noj is offline

replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can someone answer the question without trying to impress people with how
clever you are at backing up data to your brothers LAN????

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gy-268652-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

noj wrote:

Can any one actually answer the mans question?????

Maybe you should figure out how to work a calendar before trying to
sound clever on usenet?

Hint1: you're 11 years too late.

Hint2: the h-o-m-e-o-w-n-e-r-s-h-u-b website isn't usenet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/17 14:29, Andy Burns wrote:
noj wrote:

Can any one actually answer the mans question?????

Maybe you should figure out how to work a calendar before trying to
sound clever on usenet?

Hint1: you're 11 years too late.

Hint2: the h-o-m-e-o-w-n-e-r-s-h-u-b website isn't usenet.

But it is full of ****s just the same.

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 14:14:05 UTC, noj wrote:
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can someone answer the question without trying to impress people with how
clever you are at backing up data to your brothers LAN????

No, answering enquiries 11 year later is not useful.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:50:16 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

--
I am sorry I offended you - I should have lied.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago and
could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago and
could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

One rule for him, one for everyone else.

--
Any god who requires worship is not worth being worshipped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

You, you stole things from hotels.

--
I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point.
The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts. None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

Pillock.

Haven't you got an answer for your law breaking?

--
I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point.
The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"
Apparently the correct answer is "Africa".
I've been asked to find another placed to worship....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2017 14:14, noj wrote:
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can someone answer the question without trying to impress people with how
clever you are at backing up data to your brothers LAN????

Most of us are on text only Usenet groups so we don't see the photos and
the post to which you are replying expired soon after it was posted in
2006 - a decade+ ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago and
could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

We already knew he is an oxygen thief and a turd burglar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

Where do you make all this **** up !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Only if we could see it even if it were a quote without going to a tacky web
interface to a usenet text group.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"noj" m wrote in message
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can any one actually answer the mans question?????
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gy-268652-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As I said before if the web interface this web site used was any good then
people might use it, but since half the time the date is mangled old posts
come up as new ones.

Brian

--
----- -

wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 14:14:05 UTC, noj wrote:
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can someone answer the question without trying to impress people with how
clever you are at backing up data to your brothers LAN????

No, answering enquiries 11 year later is not useful.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just to clarify, the original post in this thread in the web site, which
seems to strip it out and shove it at the top of each thread reads thus.
.. posted on July 28, 2006, 4:02 pm

So all of our messages poking fun at recent posts are because of this. If
the original poster has not come up with an answer by now, then there is no
hope for any of us.
grin.

Please when you do post to this list via the web forum portal on that web
site, make sure by looking to the date of the original post that its not
wildly out of date. Also if its a new query, give as much info as you can.
If its a comment on a quoted message,then make sure the quote is actually
in that message or it will not be of much use.
Now back to your scheduled content.
Brian

--
----- -

"noj" m wrote in message
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can any one actually answer the mans question?????
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...gy-268652-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

Where do you make all this **** up !

Perhaps he classes your wife's voluntary work as working :-)

--
The biggest difference between sex for money and sex for love is that sex for money usually costs a LOT less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

Where do you make all this **** up !

Perhaps he classes your wife's voluntary work as working :-)

Who knows what goes on in his mad brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

GB wrote:

But it is full of ****s just the same.

There are no ****s in uk.d-i-y

Apart from ****s and such.
I lost the insert thing from a wash hand basin tap many years ago
and could
not find a replacement.
In those days I was stopping over in hotels etc and I used to nick
inserts.
None of them fitted.
I finished up with quite a collection.

Breaking the law Mr Pounder? You object when anyone else does it.

So Mr Pounder is a thief.

I did not send my wife out to work whilst I sat on my arse claiming the
dole. You did.
So, who now is the thief?

Where do you make all this **** up !

Perhaps he classes your wife's voluntary work as working :-)

Who knows what goes on in his mad brain.

I think he's locked in the shed and we're actually talking to Mrs Pounder. No other explanation for the sudden change of character.

--
You have got to remember that women make babies - not a great bit of design work. Messy, noisy and cannot do anything useful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2017 10:32, Brian Gaff wrote:

Just to clarify, the original post in this thread in the web site, which
seems to strip it out and shove it at the top of each thread reads thus.
.. posted on July 28, 2006, 4:02 pm

That's what we see if going to the referenced article - a question that
was often posted at least 10 years ago. The home hub user may not see
the same information from the web page they use to post. The home hub
site runs a banner with questions which suggests that is a current query
rather than something they have dragged out of a decade old archive.

Please when you do post to this list via the web forum portal on that web
site, make sure by looking to the date of the original post that its not
wildly out of date. Also if its a new query, give as much info as you can.
If its a comment on a quoted message,then make sure the quote is actually
in that message or it will not be of much use.

It can get worse...
The sister site that promotes 10 year old posts about motors (cars)
ALWAYS references the SAME 10 year old question about a Fiat Punto,
irrespective of the post the motors hub user is replying to. When the
motors hub users fails to quote anything from the previous post other
readers don't have a clue what they are writing about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2017 14:14, noj wrote:
replying to Guy King, noj wrote:
Can any one actually answer the mans question?????

On my Ideal Standard taps they were screw in aireator ..... (sp?) you
fit them if you wanted your water to come out full of micro-bubbles ....