Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Power to Scantronic 9448 alarm control panel

The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs
and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide
is no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F" wrote in message
The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs
and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide is
no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.

I would use a 5A fuse in a non switched FCU with 0.75mm 3 Core flex from the
FCU to the panel, preferably to a dedicated, non-RCD circuit in the consumer
unit.

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 26/07/2006 15:35 Sparks wrote:

I would use a 5A fuse in a non switched FCU with 0.75mm 3 Core flex from the
FCU to the panel, preferably to a dedicated, non-RCD circuit in the consumer
unit.

Chapter & verse! Thanks: appreciated.

--
Frank
Junior Member

Location: Lymington Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by F
The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs
and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide
is no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.

I always use 1.0mm T&E to an unswitched fused spur. You can use flex but I find it difficult to terminate in the spur. You will only require a 1 amp fuse in the spur as even in alarm the system will draw no more than 600 milliamps. Take the supply from a ring main if you can, if not a lighting circuit will suffice although I don't recommend and never do it myself. Anymore info required let me know. I've been fitting these panels for years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
F wrote:
The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs
and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide
is no help either.

The max current an alarm takes is tiny - after all it will run for a long
time off a small SLA battery when the mains fails. So 0.5mm flex and a 3
amp fuse will be fine. If you have larger flex lying around and it fits
the connections etc use that - it won't do any harm.

--
*Rehab is for quitters

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There is a UK forum for alarms where you can ask alarm engineers
questions
www.alarmhelp.net
It also has manuals and fact sheets

Alec wrote:

F Wrote:
The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs

and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide

is no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.

I always use 1.0mm T&E to an unswitched fused spur. You can use flex
but I find it difficult to terminate in the spur. You will only require
a 1 amp fuse in the spur as even in alarm the system will draw no more
than 600 milliamps. Take the supply from a ring main if you can, if not
a lighting circuit will suffice although I don't recommend and never do
it myself. Anymore info required let me know. I've been fitting these
panels for years.

--
Alec

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
The manufacturers are unwilling to tell me what size cabling this needs
and what size fuse should be in the fused spur. The Installation Guide
is no help either.

Anyone?

TIA.

Is this of any use: http://www.securitycentres.co.uk/Manuals/9448.pdf

And I agree that Scantronic are spectacularly unhelpful. Did they tell
you to contact your 'competant installer'?

I asked them about what type of PIR to fit to my 9449 panel without
success. Pyronix (the PIR supplier) were much more helpful.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
alarm man wrote:
There is a UK forum for alarms where you can ask alarm engineers
questions
www.alarmhelp.net

It also has manuals and fact sheets

Only available to trade members so of little use on a DIY group.

--
*A nest isn't empty until all their stuff is out of the attic

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 16/08/2006 08:47 Richard wrote:

Is this of any use: http://www.securitycentres.co.uk/Manuals/9448.pdf

Thanks, but I've got the Manual. It didn't have the information I
needed, though.

And I agree that Scantronic are spectacularly unhelpful. Did they tell
you to contact your 'competant installer'?

I got a slightly altered standard script both times I emailed them. Less
than impressed (but the panel is ok).

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
On 16/08/2006 08:47 Richard wrote:

Is this of any use: http://www.securitycentres.co.uk/Manuals/9448.pdf

Thanks, but I've got the Manual. It didn't have the information I
needed, though.

And I agree that Scantronic are spectacularly unhelpful. Did they
tell you to contact your 'competant installer'?

I got a slightly altered standard script both times I emailed them. Less
than impressed (but the panel is ok).

Sorry F

That site holds the installation manual for my 9449 panel - with
_almost_ every bit of info you need to install and maintain it and I
assumed that it would be the same for your panel.

Richard

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Amana Fridge/Freezer - Control Panel Is Dead? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 30th 04 04:49 AM
Prewiring alarm for a new house John Smith Home Repair 119 May 1st 04 04:31 PM
House alarm fault, help please. Chris Wilson UK diy 16 October 31st 03 02:56 PM
Norweb Electra Tech Control Panel tony UK diy 0 August 29th 03 04:18 PM