Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Honeywell smartfit faults

Hi,

I'm currently having problems with my honeywell smartfit heating
system.

The unit shows F4 which appears to be a problem with the 3 way valve.
After looking at the valve it appears to drive both ways to the the end
of it's travel but the fault keeps coming up (even after a power cycle)
and it refuses to heat the water.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm currently having problems with my honeywell smartfit heating
system.

The unit shows F4 which appears to be a problem with the 3 way valve.
After looking at the valve it appears to drive both ways to the the end
of it's travel but the fault keeps coming up (even after a power cycle)
and it refuses to heat the water.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

I would suspect that it is moving, but the control board is not seeing it
has got to position, probably not hitting a limit switch or maybe a reed or
proximity switch. Also it may be moving too slow, so the software is
expecting to see it within say 5 seconds and yours it taking 6???

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That sort of what I thought, however the connector only appears to have
2 pins so is the end position detected by increase in motor current?

Also from the installation instructions it appears that the motor
should get about 10 seconds and it seems to be well within this limit.

So I'm thinking it's either the control board or the actuator as the
valve appears to move freely.

Andy