Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question for Moderator

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule
of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous.
I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to
members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule
of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be
libelous. I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of
interest to members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

Steve

This group is not moderated,,ask someone in the family or friends did they
recieve an email. :-( lol

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule of
this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous. I
thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to members
of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

Steve

I don't think there's a moderator but try re-posting, I'd like to see it.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

The reason it's not visible is that you posted it as a reply in the
thread "Lost keys - need to change cylinder?" rather than a new thread.
Look in there and you should see it.

Alex
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule
of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous.
I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to
members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

Steve

1/. There is no moderator.

2/. If you saw it yesterday, you downloaded it yourself, unless you are
using a web interface to e.g. google groups, which your headers say you
are not. Ergo you have probably got your newsreader set to 'ignore read
posts' or 'delete posts over 12 hours old'

3. Its possible that your ISP has a very severe refuse problem and is
deleting old posts rapidly,but I doubt it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:52:54 GMT, Steve
wrote:

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule
of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous.
I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to
members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

I can still see it on the Gradwell news server
I think this
news.blueyonder.co.uk
may be the cause of the problem
Check Google groups.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some
rule of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be
libelous. I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of
interest to members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

I can still see it on the Gradwell news server
I think this
news.blueyonder.co.uk
may be the cause of the problem
Check Google groups.

Wasn't the ISP, as stated he replied to a thread with changed subject.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong?

If you're looking with Google Groups, it has got subsumed into the
"Lost keys..." thread where you posted it as a follow-on, but it's
still there. I can't remember whether this always happens, but, they've
just made some changes (every post appears with a blank grey area at
the top), so who knows?

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Steve contains these words:

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet group.
Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some
rule of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be
libelous. I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of
interest to members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

I can still see it on the Gradwell news server
I think this
news.blueyonder.co.uk
may be the cause of the problem
Check Google groups.

Wasn't the ISP, as stated he replied to a thread with changed subject.

That's news client dependant. My settings in Agent started a new
thread as the subject changed.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:03:38 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I don't think there's a moderator

As you say, the group is not moderated.

but try re-posting, I'd like to see it.

Subject: Beware of Yale Mortice Locks
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:20:25 GMT

If that's the one it got out OK but Blueyonders inability to
understand newsgroups is legendary, if something has gone wrong they
must be the first suspect.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

|I don't think there's a moderator
|
|As you say, the group is not moderated.
|
|but try re-posting, I'd like to see it.
|
|Subject: Beware of Yale Mortice Locks
|Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:20:25 GMT
|
|If that's the one it got out OK but Blueyonders inability to
|understand newsgroups is legendary, if something has gone wrong they
|must be the first suspect.

You might consider changing your newsserver to http://News.individual.net.
IMO the best newsserver of the bunch.
The cost is only 10 euros per year, for text newsgroups only.
Read the web site, they have rules and enforce them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Steve contains these words:

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet
group. Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do
about it.

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these words:

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Well, it's an improvement on pizzaface which I was lumbered with as a
spotty yoof - and again briefly when I had chickenpox in my 30s.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule of
this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous. I
thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to members
of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

TIA

I saw that message today. A useful bit of info. Thanks.

Sylvain.

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these
words:

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Well, it's an improvement on pizzaface which I was lumbered with as a
spotty yoof - and again briefly when I had chickenpox in my 30s.

Did I mention that the bum in question is, in fact, extraordinarily spotty?

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Guy King wrote:
The message
from Steve contains these words:

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet
group. Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do
about it.

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Takes one to know one nyer nyer!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it in
reply to another thread, so I knew where to look for it. Although the
header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird thing is
that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post is not
visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" contains these
words:

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Well, it's an improvement on pizzaface which I was lumbered with as a
spotty yoof - and again briefly when I had chickenpox in my 30s.

One of my sons is known as Pizza by those who knew him when he had a nasty
burning accident at 13 and his inner thighs were badly scarred and he had
plastic surgery - all free thanks to the good old NHS ;-)

Mary

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:29:06 GMT, Steve
wrote:

|Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
|censored.
|
|There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it in
|reply to another thread, so I knew where to look for it. Although the
|header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird thing is
|that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post is not
|visible at all, although the replies are.
|
|I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
|wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.
|
|Any suggestions?

We all hit the wrong button at times :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it
the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird
thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post
is not visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Might be firefox playing up? that damn browser to surf the net has a
tendancy to wipe out the bookmarks now and again.
I'm using the same news server as you and never had the problem your
experiencing, I'm using OE though as the news reader.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Steve wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it
the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird
thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post
is not visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Might be firefox playing up? that damn browser to surf the net has a
tendancy to wipe out the bookmarks now and again.
I'm using the same news server as you and never had the problem your
experiencing, I'm using OE though as the news reader.

Apologies, it's Mozilla Thunderbird I'm using as a news reader.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Steve
saying something like:

I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

There is no Moderator.

Just Us.

Blame the news server you use or your news client.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

Steve wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Steve wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it
the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird
thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post
is not visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Might be firefox playing up? that damn browser to surf the net has a
tendancy to wipe out the bookmarks now and again.
I'm using the same news server as you and never had the problem your
experiencing, I'm using OE though as the news reader.

Apologies, it's Mozilla Thunderbird I'm using as a news reader.

So am I, and I can still see it under the original thread title, on
the Demon news server.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

One of my sons is known as Pizza by those who knew him when he had a nasty
burning accident at 13 and his inner thighs were badly scarred and he had
plastic surgery - all free thanks to the good old NHS ;-)

Free? Do you and your spouse not pay or have never paid taxes or NI?

Adam

PS I was called Shrek when by face was burnt. Sheffield Northern General
burns unit was free on the day but I contributed towards some of it
beforehand and will gladly keep on doing so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
news

Did I mention that the bum in question is, in fact, extraordinarily
spotty?

:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

One of my sons is known as Pizza by those who knew him when he had a
nasty burning accident at 13 and his inner thighs were badly scarred and
he had plastic surgery - all free thanks to the good old NHS ;-)

Free? Do you and your spouse not pay or have never paid taxes or NI?

Adam

PS I was called Shrek when by face was burnt. Sheffield Northern General
burns unit was free on the day but I contributed towards some of it
beforehand and will gladly keep on doing so.

sigh

Free at the point of delivery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it in
reply to another thread, so I knew where to look for it. Although the
header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird thing is that
it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post is not visible at
all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Any suggestions?

You'll get several, all saying why your system is useless and you ought to
change to insert system of choice

I get those all the time. I stick to what I know, like, am happy with and
have no problems with.

Sits back and waits for flack about vulnerability etc - not that anyone's
ever had a problem after opening my posts/mails/attachments or envelopes :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Steve contains these words:

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any
problems, I would just like to be clear about how it works.

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet
group. Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do
about it.

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Takes one to know one nyer nyer!

Get back in yer caravan, Fisher!

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

There is no Moderator.

Just Us.

......*Gulp*

I'm scared, Mummy.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Steve contains these words:

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any
problems, I would just like to be clear about how it works.

It's still on the Blueyonder server.

As for moderators - there isn't one - this is a free open usenet
group. Anyone can post anything and there's nothing anyone can do
about it.

Yeah that's right. Bumface.

Takes one to know one nyer nyer!

Get back in yer caravan, Fisher!

We've got a new tent so Rrrrrrrrasppppppppppp!

Mary
Isn't it fun without a moderator!

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

There is no Moderator.

Just Us.

.....*Gulp*

I'm scared, Mummy.

Oh Baby, come to Auntie Mary, I don't mind smells and spots ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:36 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Oh Baby, come to Auntie Mary, I don't mind smells and spots ...

Because so much of Auntie Mary is already smelly and spotty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Steve wrote:

There is something odd going on though. I knew that I had posted it
the header was there, the body of my message was not. The weird
thing is that it is there now, but my "question for moderator" post
is not visible at all, although the replies are.

I've checked all of the settings I can think of and can't see anything
wrong. I'm using Blueyonder newsgroups through Mozilla Firefox.

Apologies, it's Mozilla Thunderbird I'm using as a news reader.

Right click on u.d-i-y folder
select properties
select retention policy
adjust to taste

ps if you are on blueyonder you might find news-text.blueyonder.co.uk
best for this group

--
David Clark
http://www.publishing.ucl.ac.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve
writes
I posted a message entitled "Beware of Yale Mortice Locks" yesterday
evening. It is now no longer available.

Has something gone wrong? or was it removed because it broke some rule
of this group. I know it was factual and therefore cannot be libelous.
I thought it was on topic, relevant and likely to be of interest to
members of the group.

This is a very useful group and I don't want to cause any problems, I
would just like to be clear about how it works.

Steve, there is no moderator

you ****ed up

try again

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve
writes
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm happy to hear that I wasn't being
censored.

There is something odd going on though.

Do you hear two clicks when you pick up the phone

is that ford Mondeo still outside the house ?

.... just asking

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:36 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Oh Baby, come to Auntie Mary, I don't mind smells and spots ...

Because so much of Auntie Mary is already smelly and spotty.

*Slap*

You leave my auntie Mary alone. Nasty man.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

Steve, there is no moderator

you ****ed up

try again

Well...there is...

....It's me.

But I'm very liberal.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:36 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Oh Baby, come to Auntie Mary, I don't mind smells and spots ...

Because so much of Auntie Mary is already smelly and spotty.

*Slap*

You leave my auntie Mary alone. Nasty man.

Too old for spots anyway. Smelling of lavender water is nice :-)

Auntie Mary

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message

Well...there is...

...It's me.

But I'm very liberal.

So we've 'eard ...

AM

Si

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM