Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor dryer cover?

Any suggestions on what to make a clothes dryer cover out of?
I'm thinking of a rotary dryer cover which would enable me to leave
the washing out even if it started raining - so that it'd carry on
drying when it stopped without getting wet.

My initial thoughts were some sort of over like a gazebo, and then bf
suggested some sort of way of using dark surfaces to make maximum use
of the sun. Then he started thinking about side panels to let the
breeze go through but you'd need to be able to put washing on and take
it off easily.

Any thoughts or suggestions? All my searches online have only found a
cover for covering up the dryer when not in use.

Cheers
--
Get away from it all
http://www.travelfreebies.co.uk/thomson-holidays.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mogga" wrote in message
Any suggestions on what to make a clothes dryer cover out of?
I'm thinking of a rotary dryer cover which would enable me to leave
the washing out even if it started raining - so that it'd carry on
drying when it stopped without getting wet.

My initial thoughts were some sort of over like a gazebo, and then bf
suggested some sort of way of using dark surfaces to make maximum use
of the sun. Then he started thinking about side panels to let the
breeze go through but you'd need to be able to put washing on and take
it off easily.

Any thoughts or suggestions? All my searches online have only found a
cover for covering up the dryer when not in use.

I would have thought a cheap gazebo would have been ideal and as cheap as
any other solution. Choose one with a dark green top (think I got one of
these from Woolies) as that retransmits more heat when it's sunny than light
coloured tops (counteraccting the fact the drier is in the shade).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)