Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lighting circuit problem

I got a problem with the lights in one room, and wondered if anyone knows
of anything obvious that might be at fault here.

I have two switches (normal(A) and pull(B)) where either turns on two
lights(hanging pendant and spot).

Both lights were on and I switched them off with switch A, later i turned
them back on with switch and they didn't work. Switch B did turn them on
though, and now switch A works with B in the different position. The
switch arrangement was working fine previously.

I've taken off switch A and checked that C still connects to L1 and L2, and
it does (I don't have a circuit tester, but measuring resistance seems to
work). I've also been in the loft and done a quick check for any rodents,
and a quick look around the cable, and I cannot see any thing wrong, though
I couldn't check every inch without rolling up the insulation.

Anything obvious that might go wrong here? and whats the best way to find
the fault. would opening all the connections from below, then testing by
making a circuit with a tester and another length of cable be the best way?
(using the diagrams here
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects...d_switches.htm, and trying to
figure out the type of circuit.)

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Replace switch B.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Replace switch B.

seconded.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:31:49 +0100, Owain wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[3 quoted lines suppressed]

Thirded.

Owain

Fixed, thanks.

Though the old pull switch appears to test okay, I'm not sure if it was
stuck or something else.

Steve