Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "MVA" in place of "PVA" ?

I saw a reference to using "mva" rather than "pva" as additive in
render.
Now, of course, I don't seem to be able to find the thread...
Anyone tell me what the heck mva is ?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "blue"
saying something like:

I saw a reference to using "mva" rather than "pva" as additive in
render.
Now, of course, I don't seem to be able to find the thread...
Anyone tell me what the heck mva is ?

Given the P in PVA is for Poly, I'd guess the M is for Mono, ie
MonoVinylAcetate.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
"blue" writes:
I saw a reference to using "mva" rather than "pva" as additive in
render.
Now, of course, I don't seem to be able to find the thread...
Anyone tell me what the heck mva is ?

Are you sure it wasn't EVA, which is usually sold as waterproof PVA
(even though it isn't PVA)?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
"blue" writes:
I saw a reference to using "mva" rather than "pva" as additive in
render.
Now, of course, I don't seem to be able to find the thread...
Anyone tell me what the heck mva is ?

Are you sure it wasn't EVA, which is usually sold as waterproof PVA
(even though it isn't PVA)?

--
Andrew Gabriel

I guess that may be it - "waterproof PVA" rings a bell.

Is it sold as EVA or do I have to look for a trade name?

Cheers to all

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember "blue"
saying something like:
[color=blue][i]

Dave
Boy does he like saying the same thing!