Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester or Alpha for Boiler Replacement

Hi all

From discussions on this group, I have heard opinions on the important
aspects of condensing boiler design.
These include stainless heat exchanger and top mounted burner.

I have also heard compliments made of Worcester and Alpha boilers, although
lately IIRC the support from Worcester has been lacking.

So can anyone help with this decision please?
At the moment I am looking at the W-B 24Ri of the Alpha CD24R.

Worcester has top mounted burner but aluminium heat exchanger.
Alpha has stainless heat exchanger - not sure about burner but think it is
front mounted.

Appreciate any comments on the above boilers or company performance when
tested.

TIA

Phil