Posted to uk.d-i-y
news

Default What's it called (brick retaining bracket)?

I need to repair a brick garden wall, where the last brick on the top
course has come away.

To fix it back in place properly, I need a couple of "L" shaped
brackets. The long leg of the "L" lies horizontally under the brick, and
the short leg is vertical at the exposed end of the brick.

Problem is, I can't find suitable brackets. The only "L" shaped brackets
I can find have holes drilled in each leg. These holes would look
unsightly on the exposed leg.

I've been to B&Q, Wickes and Screwfix, but nobody has them. Trouble is,
I don't know what they're called exactly, but surely they are fairly
common? Or don't builders bother with them any more?

--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith_765

"news" wrote in message
I need to repair a brick garden wall, where the last brick on the top
course has come away.

To fix it back in place properly, I need a couple of "L" shaped
brackets. The long leg of the "L" lies horizontally under the brick, and
the short leg is vertical at the exposed end of the brick.

Problem is, I can't find suitable brackets. The only "L" shaped brackets
I can find have holes drilled in each leg. These holes would look
unsightly on the exposed leg.

I've been to B&Q, Wickes and Screwfix, but nobody has them. Trouble is,
I don't know what they're called exactly, but surely they are fairly
common? Or don't builders bother with them any more?

--
Ian

Its a door cramp or clamp. Its used to tie a door frame to brick work. Laid
on top of the brick and the vertical piece is screwed into the frame and
then the brick is bedded on top of the horizontal tail. The other use is to
retain end bricks on a wall, as you are intending.Use two.

K. S Nottm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news wrote:

I need to repair a brick garden wall, where the last brick on the top
course has come away.

To fix it back in place properly, I need a couple of "L" shaped
brackets. The long leg of the "L" lies horizontally under the brick, and
the short leg is vertical at the exposed end of the brick.

Problem is, I can't find suitable brackets. The only "L" shaped brackets
I can find have holes drilled in each leg. These holes would look
unsightly on the exposed leg.

I've been to B&Q, Wickes and Screwfix, but nobody has them. Trouble is,
I don't know what they're called exactly, but surely they are fairly
common? Or don't builders bother with them any more?

why is this needed then?

NT