Posted to uk.d-i-y
news

Default What's it called (brick retaining bracket)?

I need to repair a brick garden wall, where the last brick on the top
course has come away.

To fix it back in place properly, I need a couple of "L" shaped
brackets. The long leg of the "L" lies horizontally under the brick, and
the short leg is vertical at the exposed end of the brick.

Problem is, I can't find suitable brackets. The only "L" shaped brackets
I can find have holes drilled in each leg. These holes would look
unsightly on the exposed leg.

I've been to B&Q, Wickes and Screwfix, but nobody has them. Trouble is,
I don't know what they're called exactly, but surely they are fairly
common? Or don't builders bother with them any more?

--
Ian