Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Default removing spray paint from wood

Hi,

I've got a solid pine wooden fence surrounding the house (unpainted) and
some little sods have spray-painted some graffiti on it. Any tips for
getting it off ?

I've got some Nitro Mors here, but before I get into that it would be
interesting to hear whether it might work ?

Cheers...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:

Cheers...

You havn't bought a round yet.

Take the course action.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
Hi,

I've got a solid pine wooden fence surrounding the house (unpainted)
and some little sods have spray-painted some graffiti on it. Any tips
for getting it off ?

I've got some Nitro Mors here, but before I get into that it would be
interesting to hear whether it might work ?

Thaey do a specific product for this Nitromors Graffiti Buster Paint Remover
500ml here http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...89490&ts=82243 or
a cheaper vesion here Graffitti Remover 400ml

Take care - both contain some pretty nasty ingredients!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelus

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:40:27 +0100, "Geronimo W. Christ Esq"
wrote:

Hi,

I've got a solid pine wooden fence surrounding the house (unpainted) and
some little sods have spray-painted some graffiti on it. Any tips for
getting it off ?

I've got some Nitro Mors here, but before I get into that it would be
interesting to hear whether it might work ?

Cheers...

Assuming its cellulose paint then cellulose thinners from a car parts
place. Use washing gloves and maybe some wire wool or a wire brush.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
I've got a solid pine wooden fence surrounding the house (unpainted) and
some little sods have spray-painted some graffiti on it. Any tips for
getting it off ?

I've got some Nitro Mors here, but before I get into that it would be
interesting to hear whether it might work ?

You'll be able to get it off using the other suggested methods,
but it may look different where you've treated it. You could try
some creosote to even the lot out, and make it less susceptible
to attack (and desirable to attack) - I have heard that a good
coating of yobbo juice is also a good thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Chris Bacon wrote:

You'll be able to get it off using the other suggested methods,
but it may look different where you've treated it. You could try
some creosote to even the lot out, and make it less susceptible
to attack (and desirable to attack) - I have heard that a good
coating of yobbo juice is also a good thing.

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

What's yobbo juice ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
I have heard that a good coating of yobbo juice is also a good thing.

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

What's yobbo juice ?

That's easy! Just find a nice juicy yobbo or two, if you aren't
fast on your feet, or are worried they won't co-operate, then,
get a friend or two to help catch them. Then just hold them down
on the kerb, over a gutter, and beat them until their pips squeak.
Juice will flow freely! In fact, it may flow so freely that it
gets contaminated with a sort of smelly sludge, so don't squeeze
*too* hard!