Posted to uk.d-i-y
peejos

Default Reconstructed stone

I want to cast a memorial head stone, and would like it to have a
quality finish like the ornamental expensive stone work items made for
large gardens. The manufacturers seem to use a special fine sand in
their mix, eg Haddon Stone, Chilstone etc does anybody know please,
what the stuff is or what the mix should be?

Any hints or suggestions would be a help. I am wary of using epoxy
mixes as I cannot believe that they will last long.