Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sean Inglis

Default Lamp plugs and sockets

Hi,

I have 3 sockets which are controlled from a lightswitch, allowing lamps
to turned on and off centrally.

The plugs and sockets are a sort of miniature-3-round-pin affair.
Unfortunately I only have one plug and have met with no
success trying to find others.

Any ideas where I might buy them, and also what the correct terminology is?

Thanks

Sean
Posted to uk.d-i-y

He

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill

In message , Sean Inglis
writes
Hi,

I have 3 sockets which are controlled from a lightswitch, allowing lamps
to turned on and off centrally.

The plugs and sockets are a sort of miniature-3-round-pin affair.
Unfortunately I only have one plug and have met with no
success trying to find others.

Any ideas where I might buy them, and also what the correct terminology is?

Thanks

Sean

Anything like this??????????/

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill

In message . com,
" writes
He

Great minds think alike!

Mine was just a fraction slower.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Sean Inglis writes:
Hi,

I have 3 sockets which are controlled from a lightswitch, allowing lamps
to turned on and off centrally.

The plugs and sockets are a sort of miniature-3-round-pin affair.
Unfortunately I only have one plug and have met with no
success trying to find others.

Any ideas where I might buy them, and also what the correct terminology is?

Are these BS546 round pin plugs?
If so, larger B&Q stock them.
They are available in 2A, 5A and 15A (and 30A,
but you are unlikely to find that anywhere nowadays).
They are normally unfused, although fused versions
are available.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sean Inglis

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:31:58 -0700, wrote:

He

Ah, excellent. Thanks to both of you
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On 10 Jun 2006 15:31:58 -0700, " had this
to say:

He

They could even be 2A, rather than 5A. B&Q sell both.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Sean Inglis wrote:
The plugs and sockets are a sort of miniature-3-round-pin affair.
Unfortunately I only have one plug and have met with no
success trying to find others.

Any ideas where I might buy them, and also what the correct terminology
is?

If you look at the writing on the bottom of the plug it should give the
details - including a BS number.

It's likely a 2 amp although 5 amp are also used. Larger B&Q sell them -
and other sheds may too. Otherwise any electrical wholesaler. Or mail
order from Screwfix, etc.

--
*There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick and the dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.