Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Football

There, I've said it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

|There, I've said it.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

wrote:

|There, I've said it.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

I have just finished off the final flags that decorate the house and loaded
a van full of beer into two fridges

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

I just cycled back from the shopping centre, which is stuffed full
with people stocking up for the match, apparently under some illusion
that they might even manage to get their cars out of the car park
before the match starts, never mind home. They haven't even seen the
roads yet, gridlocked with drivers also thinking they might get home
for the match. The irony is I got home on a bike very quickly, but
certainly won't be wasting such a wonderful Saturday afternoon in
front of a telly.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that normality
can return.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chip

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

--
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that
normality can return.

Do you think Engerland will be bowled out or not get enough runs?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the
"beautiful game".

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
I just cycled back from the shopping centre, which is stuffed full
with people stocking up for the match, apparently under some illusion
that they might even manage to get their cars out of the car park
before the match starts, never mind home. They haven't even seen the
roads yet, gridlocked with drivers also thinking they might get home
for the match. The irony is I got home on a bike very quickly, but
certainly won't be wasting such a wonderful Saturday afternoon in
front of a telly.

I've been sewing, gardening, baking and it's been bliss, so quiet! In the
past the neighbouring gardens would be full of people with loud radios, now
I assume they're all inside watching a box.

Ah well, we've enjoyed the peace :-)

Mary

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

It was there yesterday too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that
normality can return.

Do you think Engerland will be bowled out or not get enough runs?

I've just had a happy thought - it's not being played at Headingley!

Or even England.

The silver lining :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:45:14 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
had this to say:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
. ..
I just cycled back from the shopping centre, which is stuffed full
with people stocking up for the match, apparently under some illusion
that they might even manage to get their cars out of the car park
before the match starts, never mind home. They haven't even seen the
roads yet, gridlocked with drivers also thinking they might get home
for the match. The irony is I got home on a bike very quickly, but
certainly won't be wasting such a wonderful Saturday afternoon in
front of a telly.

I've been sewing, gardening, baking and it's been bliss, so quiet! In the
past the neighbouring gardens would be full of people with loud radios, now
I assume they're all inside watching a box.

Ah well, we've enjoyed the peace :-)

It's all fireworks round here now...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RedOnRed wrote:
"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the
"beautiful game".

I thought that yesterday afternoon on Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof when I saw
a number of them in white Tshirts with red crosses being rounded up by
British Transport Police.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Holmes

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
There, I've said it.

Go and stand in the corner with the dunces cap on!

And do NOT come out unti I say!

Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Holmes

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that
normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the
"beautiful game".

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful game",
but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to play for the fun of
it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:38:16 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

I was sorting out a Freeview STB at the time so kept seeing bits of
the game.

Looked like footage of our local playing fields on a Sunday (the match
not the hooligans I mean) ;-)

And the local coppers were out in force last night (town got trashed
last year) but there seemed to be a general air of apathy this time.

All the best ..

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scabbydug

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
There, I've said it.

I am fortunate to live in part of the BBC's 'Nation' that was to come to a
halt according to them.
Up here you will not see one English flag, just normality.

All this crap about the Scots not wanting England to win is utter nonsense,
we want the team to do well and the supporters to enjoy/behave themselves.
It's the media that thoroughly ****es everyone off specially that prat
Hansen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

I just cycled back from the shopping centre, which is stuffed full
with people stocking up for the match, apparently under some illusion
that they might even manage to get their cars out of the car park
before the match starts, never mind home. They haven't even seen the
roads yet, gridlocked with drivers also thinking they might get home
for the match. The irony is I got home on a bike very quickly, but
certainly won't be wasting such a wonderful Saturday afternoon in
front of a telly.

I've been sewing, gardening, baking and it's been bliss, so quiet! In the
past the neighbouring gardens would be full of people with loud radios, now
I assume they're all inside watching a box.

Ah well, we've enjoyed the peace :-)

But sadly more than compensated for afterwards when all the buggers
emerged blinking into the sunlight to light their barbecues, and then
celebrating noisily into the wee small hours.

Anyway, it's 9:30 Sunday morning now - high time I got the strimmer out.
That'll show 'em...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

"Lobster" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
[...]

Yes, that was me. You do not need to get the strimmer out to annoy me. I did
that myself by getting up to go to work. I had travelled 5 miles before I
realised it was Sunday and put the quiet roads down to school holidays. Time
to clear up the bottles and take away wrapppers up I think.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:47:24 UTC, Lobster
wrote:

But sadly more than compensated for afterwards when all the buggers
emerged blinking into the sunlight to light their barbecues, and then
celebrating noisily into the wee small hours.

Anyway, it's 9:30 Sunday morning now - high time I got the strimmer out.
That'll show 'em...

Don't do it all now...leave some for 2 p.m.!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Lobster" wrote in message

Ah well, we've enjoyed the peace :-)

But sadly more than compensated for afterwards when all the buggers
emerged blinking into the sunlight to light their barbecues, and then
celebrating noisily into the wee small hours.

In fact, although I expected that to happen, it didn't. I understand there
was another match in the evening!

Anyway, it's 9:30 Sunday morning now - high time I got the strimmer out.
That'll show 'em...

Spouse has finished the bread oven but there are a couple of sharp edged
stones I want trimming, he said it would be nice to have a peaceful day so
he'll leave the grinder until tomorrow. It certainly is horribly noisy.

Mary

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. uk...

Anyway, it's 9:30 Sunday morning now - high time I got the strimmer out.
That'll show 'em...

David

Yes, that was me. You do not need to get the strimmer out to annoy me. I
did that myself by getting up to go to work. I had travelled 5 miles
before I realised it was Sunday and put the quiet roads down to school
holidays. Time to clear up the bottles and take away wrapppers up I think.

It took me a few minutes to understand that but when I did it was worth the
wait :-)

Mary

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
There, I've said it.

Go and stand in the corner with the dunces cap on!

And do NOT come out unti I say!

Sorry sir :-(

creeps away

Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
[...]

How does that make you qualified to determine whether the games beautiful or
not if you're not even interested in it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

RedOnRed wrote:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
. ..

"Chip" wrote in message
rgin.net...

[...]

England are the team least likely to convince anyone that the game is
beautiful. Over hyped, over trained, over anxious and, as usual in these
competitions, overheated.
Was jumping into an ice bath after the match a good idea? I guess with
all the experts they have on hand heat management must be on the agenda,
but I wouldn't bet on it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:27:01 +0100, RedOnRed wrote
(in article ):

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful
game", but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to play for
the fun of it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

How does that make you qualified to determine whether the games beautiful or
not if you're not even interested in it?

Simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the beerholder.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
There, I've said it.

Fabulous Mary, fabulous. Football is great indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Matt you are a Nancy boy!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that
normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the
"beautiful game".

Yep. A lot of weidos around.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

" aka Matt wrote in message
oups.com...

RedOnRed wrote:
"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

There, I've said it.

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that
normality
can return.

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must
think someone cares.

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the
"beautiful game".

I thought that yesterday afternoon on Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof when I saw
a number of them in white Tshirts with red crosses being rounded up by
British Transport Police.

Matt, you are very odd.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Scabbydug" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
There, I've said it.

I am fortunate to live in part of the BBC's 'Nation' that was to come to a
halt according to them.
Up here you will not see one English flag, just normality.

All this crap about the Scots not wanting England to win is utter
nonsense,

I never met a Jocko who wants England to win anything at all. I find most
bitter and twisted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Mary Fisher wrote:
There, I've said it.

I thought that the football season had ended. What football are you on
about?

Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Dave" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
There, I've said it.

I thought that the football season had ended.

It would have done in the past :-(

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:27:01 +0100, RedOnRed wrote
(in article ):

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful
game", but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to play
for
the fun of it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

How does that make you qualified to determine whether the games
beautiful or
not if you're not even interested in it?

Simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the beerholder.....

Moron!

You've lost none of your interpersonal skills I see
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:27:01 +0100, RedOnRed wrote
(in article ):

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful
game", but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to play
for
the fun of it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

How does that make you qualified to determine whether the games
beautiful or
not if you're not even interested in it?

Simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the beerholder.....

Moron!

You've lost none of your interpersonal skills I see

I have honed them over the years to absolute perfection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:27:01 +0100, RedOnRed wrote
(in article ):

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful
game", but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to
play for
the fun of it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

How does that make you qualified to determine whether the games
beautiful or
not if you're not even interested in it?

Simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the beerholder.....

Moron!

You've lost none of your interpersonal skills I see

I have honed them over the years to absolute perfection.

What team do you support then? Are you a hooligan?

DO NOT post anything Except FOOTBALL [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 6th 06 11:53 PM
Wanted Instructions for football remote Markt Electronics Repair 0 January 30th 06 10:40 AM
New Football Team [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 24th 05 08:41 AM
Football Goals John UK diy 4 June 18th 05 11:02 PM
making a wood clock that looks like a football helmet [email protected] Woodworking 4 January 9th 05 02:26 PM