Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower trap

I'm having a new level access shower room extension built. The shower
is built into the floor, rather than using a tray and will eventually
be tiled. The drains have been laid under the concrete floor using the
standard 110mm underground soil pipe. This terminates at floor level
in the shower area and the screed has been profiled to create a fall
towards the drain. The problem is that the plumber has produced a trap
that connects into the 110mm pipe OK, but it means that the position of
the shower drain is no longer exactly where the 110mm pipe exits the
floor - it's offset by about 200mm centre-to-centre. This means that
the profile of the floor in the shower area is now all wrong because
the shower trap is no longer positioned at the lowest point in the
shower area.

I have to discuss this with the builder to find out how he proposes to
fix it. I guess the simple option would be to position the shower
drain where it was originally intended to go - i.e. at the point where
the drain comes through the floor.

Is there a type of shower trap that can be set directly into a 110mm
drain? If not, it looks like this is a major cock-up that could
require the floor to be re-laid in that area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil

wrote in message
oups.com...
Snipped

I have to discuss this with the builder to find out how he proposes to
fix it. I guess the simple option would be to position the shower
drain where it was originally intended to go - i.e. at the point where
the drain comes through the floor.

Is there a type of shower trap that can be set directly into a 110mm
drain? If not, it looks like this is a major cock-up that could
require the floor to be re-laid in that area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

McAlpine do an ABS tiled gully that has a 110mm connection, designed for a
vertical connection (ie it sits directly on top of the drain) I'm not sure
of the model number, but its available with either a white ABS or stainless
'tile' top 200mm square. About £65 ish from Grahams.

HTH

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil,

Thanks for your help. The McAlpine TSG2T6SS looks like what I need.
Got to be better than digging the floor up!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I did a shower room like this a few years ago and got a trap that fits
into the 110 pipe.The top comes off for cleaning it.I think it was
McAlpine but can`t remember for sure.
Mark.

Are You Looking For Aquasana Shower Filters With Discount Price nitin Home Ownership 0 April 21st 06 10:48 AM
Wet room, and shower trap? andymason79 UK diy 0 October 29th 05 10:18 AM
problem removing cover from old shower drain trap in floor, can't continue project without loosening it K Ruck Home Repair 3 July 2nd 05 03:50 AM
Shower Trap vs HepVO Charlie UK diy 4 February 7th 05 09:03 PM
Shower Trap Question JJ Home Repair 3 September 14th 04 05:06 PM