Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick J

Default PVC Door handle/bar

Hi,

I have removed the handle from both sides of my PVC door including the bar
between the 2 handles, I have tried to put the handles back on with the bar
just like it was before I took them off.

But now the door won't lock and the handle won't go down, its really stiff
and I don't want to snap it by turning it too hard.

Any suggestions??

TIA

Thanks,
Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Nick J" contains these words:

Any suggestions??

Have you put the handles on the right sides?

Or, more likely you've accidentally already pushed the operating
mechanism into the down position before fitting the handles and they're
unable to push it further down.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick J

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Nick J" contains these words:

Any suggestions??

Have you put the handles on the right sides?

Or, more likely you've accidentally already pushed the operating
mechanism into the down position before fitting the handles and they're
unable to push it further down.

--
Skipweasel

Hi,

I have put the handles on the correct sides, I believe you are right about
the operating mechanism, is there anything I could do about this or do you
think I need to get a locksmith?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message k
from "Nick J" contains these words:

I have put the handles on the correct sides, I believe you are right about
the operating mechanism, is there anything I could do about this or do you
think I need to get a locksmith?

Assuming you can still open the door - take the handles off and try again!

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

Nick J wrote:
I have put the handles on the correct sides, I believe you are right about
the operating mechanism, is there anything I could do about this or do you
think I need to get a locksmith?

Take them off; rotate them (90 degrees?) and put them back on?

Alex