Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

Default Shade Sails - anyone used one?

Currently doing up the garden and have just pulled down a rotting pergola
that had the dual purpose of providing shade and giving privacy from next
doors first floor balcony.

I don't particularly want to put a new pergola up and came across "Shade
Sails" which are a triangular 'sail' that you put up horizontally using 3
posts or wall as the situation dictates. This would fit the bill nicely.
Would also give protection when bbq'ing during the British summer - ahem.

They look quite good and will be easier to install but I'm not sure of the
permanency of it. I know they would be better off put away for the winter
but I'm wondering about the practicality of leaving it up over the summer.
Would they drive me to distraction during windy weather with the flapping
noises, would they end up ripping etc.

Anyone have any experience of them?

URL to give an idea of what I'm talking about http://sailshadeworld.co.uk/

TIA