Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default Shade Sails - anyone used one?

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "Kevin" contains these words:

URL to give an idea of what I'm talking about http://sailshadeworld.co.uk/

Hmm, site doesn't work under FireFox! I'd be worried about windy days.

Try going back to the site and holding shift (or is it Control)when you
click the "refresh" button on the browser. Might have a duff page stuck
in a cache somewhere..

Anyway, on viewing the sails (from Firefox :¬) ) It looks like they
are pretty robust, and, I would guess, the idea of having a mix of high
and low fixing points _may_ serve to reduce the amount of "parachuting"
of the fabric.

On the downloadable D-I-Y instructions
http://sailshadeworld.co.uk/shapes/D...Structures.pdf
They do urge on the side of caution when choosing mounting points
because....
"In instances of poor weather and strong winds, the loads placed on the
sail are enormous, and should not be underestimated."

I have seen similar things in the UK.
One such beast is outside the local "VUE" cinema. It's a massive
structure and has been there for quite a number of years now.

Pete
http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.