Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Close Call With Power Drill

I was using my powerd rill last night and it stopped working as I had stood on
the flex and caused the 2 pin connector to come apart .I went to connect it
again and saw that the connectors were the wrong way round,the feed having the
"male" side connector ...Could have been tricky if I had handled it .It's sorted
now ..

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Stuart" wrote in message
I was using my powerd rill last night and it stopped working as I had stood
on
the flex and caused the 2 pin connector to come apart .I went to connect
it
again and saw that the connectors were the wrong way round,the feed having
the
"male" side connector ...Could have been tricky if I had handled it .It's
sorted
now ..

What are you blethering about?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

John wrote:
"Stuart" wrote in message
I was using my powerd rill last night and it stopped working as I
had stood on
the flex and caused the 2 pin connector to come apart .I went to
connect it
again and saw that the connectors were the wrong way round,the feed
having the
"male" side connector ...Could have been tricky if I had handled it
.It's sorted
now ..

What are you blethering about?

He was having a bad dream. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Mon, 22 May 2006 12:51:08 +0100, "John" wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message
.. .
I was using my powerd rill last night and it stopped working as I had stood
on
the flex and caused the 2 pin connector to come apart .I went to connect
it
again and saw that the connectors were the wrong way round,the feed having
the
"male" side connector ...Could have been tricky if I had handled it .It's
sorted
now ..

What are you blethering about?

I can see why you didnt understand .The manfrs provided flex had the plug
removed and is now connected to another length of flex with a connector same
as those used on Lawn mowers .the 2 pin orange kind ..Ye get me now .

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart wrote:

I can see why you didnt understand .The manfrs provided flex had the
plug removed and is now connected to another length of flex with a
connector same as those used on Lawn mowers .the 2 pin orange kind
..Ye get me now .

Hmmm! so how do you know the plug is the right way round?
I thought all electrical plugs could only be plugged in one way as
notchs/grooves restricted them going in the wrong way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

Hmmm! so how do you know the plug is the right way round?
I thought all electrical plugs could only be plugged in one way as
notchs/grooves restricted them going in the wrong way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I imagine he means that the exposed pins were live....
*yawn*

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Phil wrote:
Hmmm! so how do you know the plug is the right way round?
I thought all electrical plugs could only be plugged in one way as
notchs/grooves restricted them going in the wrong way?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I imagine he means that the exposed pins were live....
*yawn*

Quote"saw that the connectors were the wrong way round"

*Yawn*

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You are (still) living proof that there was some kind of basis for Part
P.

Is your name Frank Spencer by any chance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Hmmm! so how do you know the plug is the right way round?
I thought all electrical plugs could only be plugged in one way as
notchs/grooves restricted them going in the wrong way?

It has a lead which plugs into a 3-pin mains socket. The other end of
said lead has a 2-pin socket; normally this would be the female half of
the 2-pin connector for obvious reasons. The male half would be
attached to the lead from the drill. Someone had removed the 2-pin
connectors (or had put on an inappropriate spare cable from a lawn
mower or strimmer, 'cos I'd have thought a power drill should have an
earth lead, given the possibilities of drilling through the cable on a
non-RCD protected supply, but what do I know about it?) and had put
the male connector on the power lead.

I'd assume the OP had never disconnected the 2-pin connector, because
he'd otherwise be telling us that he'd been a silly boy.

So, who did this foolish thing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Mon, 22 May 2006 12:38:17 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

Stuart wrote:

I can see why you didnt understand .The manfrs provided flex had the
plug removed and is now connected to another length of flex with a
connector same as those used on Lawn mowers .the 2 pin orange kind
..Ye get me now .

Hmmm! so how do you know the plug is the right way round?
I thought all electrical plugs could only be plugged in one way as
notchs/grooves restricted them going in the wrong way?

Coz the flex had been connected the wrong way round ..The power source was
connected to the part with the pins and the flex to the drill connected to the
part with the holes ..

Like this

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...=16262&x=7&y=6

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 22 May 2006 05:52:23 -0700, "Aidan" wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

[...]

It's a double insulated drill with no earth connection and yes I was the idiot
that connected the wrong way round ...

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

yes I was the idiot that connected the wrong way round ...

Stuart

100 Lines. "I am the idiot Part P was written for."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 22 May 2006 06:59:34 -0700, " wrote:

yes I was the idiot that connected the wrong way round ...

Stuart

100 Lines. "I am the idiot Part P was written for."

Shant coz I live in Scotland .....:-)