Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Default Not exactlty a DIY question, but Spit 700e....

Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing ventured
blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a Spit 700E?
Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad expensive from the
usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too bad but it is a bit hit and
miss as to who has them. At present I can only see nails and no clips.
All help gratefully received

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:fa9cadaaba9aa160b3ffc4e401d0cc50.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing ventured
blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a Spit 700E?
Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad expensive from the
usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too bad but it is a bit hit and
miss as to who has them. At present I can only see nails and no clips.
All help gratefully received

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

A plane?

A motorbike?

A greenhouse?

Please?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:fa9cadaaba9aa160b3ffc4e401d0cc50.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing
ventured blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a
Spit 700E? Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad
expensive from the usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too
bad but it is a bit hit and miss as to who has them. At present
I can only see nails and no clips. All help gratefully received

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

A magical gun that spits nails into surfaces - colloquially known as a Hilti
Gun....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:fa9cadaaba9aa160b3ffc4e401d0cc50.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing
ventured blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a
Spit 700E? Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad
expensive from the usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too
bad but it is a bit hit and miss as to who has them. At present
I can only see nails and no clips. All help gratefully received

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

A magical gun that spits nails into surfaces - colloquially known as a
Hilti Gun....

Ah overhead bulb springs into life) of course! Thank you :-)

It was a VERY good party last night G

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Sorry for not explaining myself properly!

It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge
operated]
and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or
plastic] into a
girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede,
just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the
trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!!
To use one is to believe!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-313424/s...batteries.html

Google is your friend.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mal

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:fa9cadaaba9aa160b3ffc4e401d0cc50.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Probably the wrong place to post this question, but...nothing ventured
blah blah blah.

Does anybody know of a cheap source for nails and clips for a Spit 700E?
Awesome piece of kit! but nails and clips are a tad expensive from the
usual sources, Screwfix etc. Ebay isn't too bad but it is a bit hit and
miss as to who has them. At present I can only see nails and no clips.
All help gratefully received

Do you not have full internet access? Google returns over 700 results in
0.38 seconds.
I am sure a few could be poted here, but it's unusual only to have email and
newsgroup access.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news:1e37b1679db1cb951adfdc8c3a73913a.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
Sorry for not explaining myself properly!

It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge
operated]
and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or
plastic] into a
girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede,
just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the
trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!!
To use one is to believe!!!

I get power mad with any power tool, there wouldn't be a place left in the
house without piercing ...

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-313424/s...batteries.html

Google is your friend.

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

:-^

Mary

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Do you not have full internet access? Google returns over 700 results in
0.38 seconds.
I am sure a few could be poted here, but it's unusual only to have email and
newsgroup access.

This may seem facetious but , yes I do have full Internet access and yes
I have used google [0.38s was a tad slow]
I merely asked the question since not all suppliers advertise on the
'net'. I thought someone may know of a 'corner shop'.
I have a supplier of Electrical Equipment that is far far cheaper than
anyone on the net, but does not wish to have a 'net presence'
The net is not always the answer [although it is in most cases]
Please don't take this as a 'dig'...I was only asking a question g

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

"Mary Fisher" wrote

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

Don't be ridiculous, you have but a vague clue about anything.

Dave C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
news:1e37b1679db1cb951adfdc8c3a73913a.115311@myga te.mailgate.org...
Sorry for not explaining myself properly!

It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge
operated]
and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or
plastic] into a
girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede,
just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the
trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!!
To use one is to believe!!!

I get power mad with any power tool, there wouldn't be a place left in the
house without piercing ...

Nipples or clit ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

raden wrote:

Nipples or clit ?

LOL!, oh there was a mental image I really did not want at this time of
night ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 21 May 2006 23:33:16 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

|"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message
|news:1e37b1679db1cb951adfdc8c3a73913a.115311@myga te.mailgate.org...
| Sorry for not explaining myself properly!
|
| It is a gas powered gun [unlike a Hilti which is usually cartridge
| operated]
| and it can fire a nail through a metal conduit box, metal back-box [or
| plastic] into a
| girder, concrete, brick, block etc in one shot! No pre-drilling neede,
| just hold the box against the surface, locate the gun and pull the
| trigger...job done. No drilling, no plugs, no screws or screwdrivers!!
| To use one is to believe!!!
|
|I get power mad with any power tool, there wouldn't be a place left in the
|house without piercing ...

Start on ears ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Guy King" wrote...
The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-313424/s...batteries.html

Google is your friend.

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

Except you. I suppose that's the reason for the huge amount of
incontinent wittering and content-less drivel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Dave" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

Don't be ridiculous, you have but a vague clue about anything.

Q.E.D.

Dave C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news:451c0d890881affacf5934c6f0e8d8ed.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...

Do you not have full internet access? Google returns over 700 results in
0.38 seconds.
I am sure a few could be poted here, but it's unusual only to have email
and
newsgroup access.

This may seem facetious but , yes I do have full Internet access and yes
I have used google [0.38s was a tad slow]
I merely asked the question since not all suppliers advertise on the
'net'. I thought someone may know of a 'corner shop'.
I have a supplier of Electrical Equipment that is far far cheaper than
anyone on the net, but does not wish to have a 'net presence'
The net is not always the answer [although it is in most cases]
Please don't take this as a 'dig'...I was only asking a question g

Well said!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC

[...]

Not sure if much help but I get nails etc for my ancient Spit in France and
usually cheaper. Might be worth checking out Google France

Phil C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Owain wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
LOL!, oh there was a mental image I really did not want at this time
of night ;-)

Trust me, it's no better at breakfast-time the following morning.

Hmmm... My lunch is now having problems...

Mary, forgive us twerps.... ;-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Adrian C" wrote in message

Mary, forgive us twerps.... ;-)

To err is human, to fogive divine.

You have erred, I forgive you.

:-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I give in. What's a Spit 700E?

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-313424/s...batteries.html

Google is your friend.

Ah but not 100% reliable, whereas everyone here knows everything.

You could have tried!

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Not sure if much help but I get nails etc for my ancient Spit in France and
usually cheaper. Might be worth checking out Google France

Phil C

Thanks

A sensible answer at last!!! I'll give it a try

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM