Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting the outside of a house

I am looking to paint the outside of my 1960's semi detached two story
(ground and first floors) house, including the suffits under the gutters.
Problem is I don't like heights, tried a set of he neighbours ladders and
the wobbled so much I got about 6 steps up before freezing in fear (the
steps just appeared to bounce too much) could these have been cheap steps?
I did not used to have a problem with heights, and don't remember steps
wobbling so much.

Are the any extendable tools which I can use like an extendable paint pole
to not only allow me to paint the walls, but sand down the soffits and paint
them as well as clean the walls prior to painting?

Alternatively what are the views of scaffolding? I.e. ease of use, and cost
(I mean to buy not rent) ?

Thanks